Homemade Bailey's Liquor

victoria

Registered
With the holidays upon us, I'd like to share this excellent recipe to make your Yultide bright (really bright). I'm drinking it as I type.

You can get all the ingredients here in Buenos Aires. You don't have to buy expensive whiskey either.

1 pint cream
1 can sweetened condensed milk
Pint of whiskey
Big squirt of Hershey's chocolate syrup, or if unable to find, toss in some chocolate milk
2-4 eggs depending on taste, and since they're raw, try to find the freshest you can.

Mix well and chill. Beat the eggs seperately to ensure the yolk and white are incorporated.

They also make a dulce de leche liquor here which is pretty satisfying if you're like me and like to put booze in your coffee on Christmas morning. Or, you know, any morning...

Hello

I like Baileys a lot, do you know of a lighter version
many thanks
Reina

No, Reina, I don't ... suppose you could substitute milk for cream and cut down on the eggs ... but Baileys is suppose to be an indulgence!

Yes you are right it is better just to make the original recipe, long time ago I got a bottle as a gift from England and it didn`t last if Iam near I just can`t help not going to the bottle as a dessert after meals!!! yumm there is nothing better. I see you drink it with coffee an excellent idea!! as an Irish Coffee! many thanks Victoria

EliA said:
They also make a dulce de leche liquor here which is pretty satisfying if you're like me and like to put booze in your coffee on Christmas morning. Or, you know, any morning...
I bought some of that stuff one. I tried it on the rocks like Bailey's. It tasted pretty good the first sip. And then a few sips later I had to pour it out. I never thought about putting it in coffee. That might be tolerable.

Any idea on how long this concoction will keep? Does Baileys have preservatives or does the whiskey preserve the egg and cream?

Back