Horrible accident in Flores

And they want to build more nuke power plants. No reason to worry citizens of Argentina, we got all the bases covered.

There was a wooden stick blocking the barrier : "He Che, pone un palo bajo la barrera, asi podemos pasar." / "No te parece peligroso ?" / "Nah, no pasa naaaaada"

The security guard did let a garbage truck pass and break the barrier (did you see how the broken piece looked new = likely it was broken every week : "no pasa naaaada"

The security guard had left since not long ago : "no pasa naaaaada"

The bus driver wants to cross the barrier while the passengers tell him not to do so : "no pasa naaaaada"

Et voilà... Sadly

marksoc said:
MONO... RIEL! Now, seriously, it is better to do the tunnels. Just imagine living in front of an elevated monstrosity (like the BA highway). No thanks.

You may consider them monstrosities, but they are less expensive than tunnels, and if the spaces below the viaduct are properly maintained and are dedicated to some other activity, like parking lots or whatever you can think of... then it isn't so bad a solution. Besides, traveling on the train would be a whole new experience, since you could have a good view of the city, like the highway but this time you can watch the urban landscape, since you're not driving.

Monoriels are just too expensive and too loud...you would not like to live next to one!

Amargo said:
Monoriels are just too expensive and too loud...you would not like to live next to one!

I never said monorails, that was marksoc's idea. What I mean is just the same old train we have but circulating in a viaduct elevated from the ground. It's like that in many big cities around the world. Nothing new really.

None of these suggestions will ever come to pass. So education and penalties with real teeth is the only feasible near term answer. Infrastructure investment and public safety are non priority items in AR and even if some token project is implemented the project life span will exceed the memory for it's reason and thus loose impact.
However, given the ultra healthy disrespect for any form of authority I am guessing that even education is a 'no go' scenario.
It's all part of the charm of living in the Paris of South America. [no offense to FJ]

However, given the ultra healthy disrespect for any form of authority I am guessing that even education is a 'no go' scenario.
Well, many expats seem to be happy by the lack of respect for the authority - specially when dealing with immigration authorities

Amargo said:
Well, many expats seem to be happy by the lack of respect for the authority - specially when dealing with immigration authorities

May be, but that doesnt change the fact that Ghost is 100% correct !! As a fellow argentine you should worry about the lack of law and rules instead of whether or not expats take advantage of it

Back