Hospital Italiano Question

Johnny

Registered
Hello folks ! A quick question. I've been half thinking of returning to BsAs for awhile, but the health insurance situation is an impediment. I'm 65 now and will turn 66 in a few months. I had a friend in BsAs call Hospital Italiano yesterday and inquire about my chances of being covered. They indicated to him that I would need an "Argentine document". Either a DNI or citizenship. I have neither. I'm surprised at that, and had not heard that to be the case before.

Any thoughts about this ?

Thanks !

I had to wait until I had my DNI to be included in my family’s Hospital Italiano plan. Even the precaria was not enough.

I have Medicus, I'm pretty sure I didn't need to show any documents.
Nancy

Hello folks ! A quick question. I've been half thinking of returning to BsAs for awhile, but the health insurance situation is an impediment. I'm 65 now and will turn 66 in a few months. I had a friend in BsAs call Hospital Italiano yesterday and inquire about my chances of being covered. They indicated to him that I would need an "Argentine document". Either a DNI or citizenship. I have neither. I'm surprised at that, and had not heard that to be the case before.

Any thoughts about this ?

Thanks !

I've had my health plan with Hospital Italiano since December 2004, when no DNI or citizenship was required (I had neither at the time). That said, over the last fourteen years the hospital has enacted a number of changes to its health coverage policies for new participants. I am not surprised that HI now requires some kind of residency documentation.

Another problem is that they will charge you a fortune either at age 65 or age 66 as you have not had ten years in the plan which prevents them from doubling or more the costs when you turn Senior age.

If you have a DNI and are over 65 some places like OSDE before accepting you require a battery of tests then a committee reviews your case. pre existent illness are not covered. The price is set on a case by case basis . They make it prohibitive so you give up. The Aleman plan is also exorbitant. Check with the Public Health. Cobertura Porteña de Salud at the link below all FREE. DNI may be required.

By law a Health Provider can not turn down a applicant because of age but.....

http://www.buenosaires.gob.ar/salud/cobertura-portena-de-salud

Much thanks for your responses. Pretty much what I expected actually. Given that they are serving an increasingly large population, its no surprise that Hospital Italiano is requiring some documentation.

Again, thanks for the input !

Back