How Accurate Is Your Wax?

Girino

Registered
I found in this section of the forum the recommendation for Monica Brenta salons. Personally, I go to the one in San Isidro, which is definitely low key (looking at their website, the tone they set is more refined and stylish than the actual salon) but I think their prices are good.
Every time I get a different lady for my wax, since they are assigned by the receptionist. However, when I get home I always find spots with hairs, usually around the ankle, on the feet, or even an asymmetrical bikini.

I am under the impression that they have a fixed number of passes, and if there are still hair after 3 passes, they don't care.
Maybe I should tip the lady in advance or afterward? I am not sure about it.

I used to wax in Australia and the results were flawless. In Buenos Aires I got really upset with the result even though I kept trying several 'saloons'. As you say, I always found stray hairs that didn't get picked.

So, I bought one of those machines that pull them out (depiladora) and now I do it myself at home. It hurts like hell, but after the first few runs the brain realizes that this is ok and switches off that pain receptor.

Is simply wasn't the same experience that I had before, so I wasn't going to pay for it.

I have one of those machines, I just have to remember where.
As an odd coincide, its noise was mesmerizing to some of my cats, who sit nearby whenever I used the tool and looked like they were hypnotized by the sound.

Hurts like hell, hypnotized by the sound,... sounds like the tattoo shop.

Hi there ladies... just FYI... I am an Australian Beauty Therapist here in Colegiales and I do waxing / spray tanning and tinting from my home... I have been a therapist for 12+ years.
Let me know if you ever need anything ;) I am from a Beach city so I specialize also in the Full Brazil bikini wax

Tried that once. My triathlon team in San Diego all thought that getting waxed was the way to go. After all, we'd spend upwards of three to four hours perched on a bike seat and the idea was that having no hair would eliminate saddle sores. Instead, I think I'll try pulling out my fingernails by the roots next time. Can't hurt any worse! :eek:

Back