How an Argentine Can Get a Bank Account in the USA

It is very easy, or at least for me it was. I have done it myself in California and am not a US citizen. Opened one last year. Make an appointment or walk-in off the street (Chase, USBank, BoA), have an interview with a banker explaining why you need it, fill out the forms, pay the minimum deposit and some weeks later the card arrives in the mail in Argentina. You can even get a secured US credit card with some banks if the Argentine resident wants a card for spending abroad with.

For those with higher balances or investment products, some private banks in Argentina also will open a US bank account for you remotely and you can get a US amex card remotely too. No need to be a resident, have an ITIN or SSN.

All Argentine residents with US bank accounts need to be aware that the IRS is now sharing account holder details with AFIP automatically from September.
Excellent information, BoA now will open a bank account for someone without a US address, no legal US residency, and with Argentine address.

So glad requirements have changed at BoA, many here were required to provide a US address or face cancellation of the account

Last edited:
I also had a Chase bank account in the past, no US address, no ITIN, very friendly but TD is easier when operating from abroad imo

Wells Fargo was horrible in every possible way.

I also had a Chase bank account in the past, no US address, no ITIN, very friendly but TD is easier when operating from abroad imo
Requirements have indeed Changed in many major US banks?? In the past NO US address was required such as BoA (my XP).

It is very easy, or at least for me it was. I have done it myself in California and am not a US citizen. Opened one last year. Make an appointment or walk-in off the street (Chase, USBank, BoA), have an interview with a banker explaining why you need it, fill out the forms, pay the minimum deposit and some weeks later the card arrives in the mail in Argentina. You can even get a secured US credit card with some banks if the Argentine resident wants a card for spending abroad with.

For those with higher balances or investment products, some private banks in Argentina also will open a US bank account for you remotely and you can get a US amex card remotely too. No need to be a resident, have an ITIN or SSN.

All Argentine residents with US bank accounts need to be aware that the IRS is now sharing account holder details with AFIP automatically from September.
I think it must be more difficult in Texas.

Back