How are retirees coping nowadays?

sergio

Registered
How are you managing with all the price increases and greater uncertainty? How is it impacting your daily life? Will you stay in Argentina?

I am leaving next week to go back to work in the U,S, for 6 months. My argentine wife and daughter will stay here, I am going to watch and see what happens down here as already our expenses have increased 100% over the last 5 months. The biggest things I worry about is the rental increases far outpacing the ccl which has gone down over 20% the last 7 weeks and healthcare for myself as I have been reading how expensive it could be for a 68-year-old. I had thought I could stop my back and forth, but Argentina is always a surprise every day. If everything goes to hell down here we could always move back to the states but that's another set of problems.

I am leaving next week to go back to work in the U,S, for 6 months. My argentine wife and daughter will stay here, I am going to watch and see what happens down here as already our expenses have increased 100% over the last 5 months. The biggest things I worry about is the rental increases far outpacing the ccl which has gone down over 20% the last 7 weeks and healthcare for myself as I have been reading how expensive it could be for a 68-year-old. I had thought I could stop my back and forth, but Argentina is always a surprise every day. If everything goes to hell down here we could always move back to the states but that's another set of problems.
There may other alternatives. Canary Islands /Tenerife

There may other alternatives. Canary Islands /Tenerife
One has to weigh everything. There are alternatives but making the adjustment is not easy. If you have a family and children it gets more complicated. If Argentina becomes as expensive as the US and Europe then the inconveniences of Argentine life may not be easy to justify. Those who own property will have an easier time adjusting to the current situation.

I have closed my application for pensiónvisa.
I cook now at home. Before I bought food in the chinese take away or went to Mac Donalds.
I bike instead of Subte.
I wash my own clothes. Before I left them at lavaderia.
I have read in different papers, that production has fallen 30% and so has consumption in Argentina.
I am thinking the real value of dolar must be about 2000 pesos by now, and it is artificially held down.
The high inflation just seem to continúe, and I will have to leave at some point.

One has to weigh everything. There are alternatives but making the adjustment is not easy. If you have a family and children it gets more complicated. If Argentina becomes as expensive as the US and Europe then the inconveniences of Argentine life may not be easy to justify. Those who own property will have an easier time adjusting to the current situation.

Back