How are you celebrating Halloween?

How will you celebrate Halloween in Buenos Aires?

• Getting dressed up and heading to a party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Going to a party but not wearing a costume

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Buying shameful amounts of candy

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Treating it like any other day

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Other - explain in the comments

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters

Rease

Registered
I love Halloween and miss it dearly, so I am going to celebrate it the best I can this year. I´m wondering what all of you are doing?

Money is pretty tight this time around but I hope to find a party to go to and scrounge together a costume of sorts. Last year I made a jack-o-lantern by buying one of those greenish yellow pumpkins at a verduleria, carved it up, spray-painted it orange, and stuck a candle in it. Needless to say the locals were pretty confused; although it was pretty popular with the argie girls ;)

I'm forcing all my friends to celebrate Halloween "yanqui-style" by throwing a party! Costume REQUIRED or no drinks for you!!

We Brits prefer Guy Fawkes night on 5th November, when we get the chance to celebrate the attempt to blow up Parliament by building very large fires near public buildings.
Much more fun than trick or treat.

I'll be on a work trip so no celebrating here for me:mad: But last year, went to Milion - they have a really nice Halloween party and it's pretty laid-back. Sugar does one as well but that's a bit rowdier;)

I am sad that I didn't get my act together to host a Halloween party for my son, but there are a couple of Halloween parties for kids at the El Ateneo bookstores, one tonight at the main branch on Santa Fe and two on Monday at other branches. PM me with your email if you want me to forward you the flyer.

happy halloween, so glad to hear people are going to celebrate!

Back