How can an Argentine national leave the country?

Then there are flights on what airlines?
It has been covered in detail on another thread about flights reopening but check AR (MAD, JFK and more from time to time) AZ (FCO) AF (CDG) and KL (AMS) for USA also check Eastern.

I thought EU were still banning Argentine (and most foreign) passport holders regardless of residency / point of origin unless they hold EU residency or special visa types?

No. Generally speaking, the EU’s rules are about where you’re coming from, not your passport. Americans can enter France from anywhere in Europe as well as from the 10 countries approved by the EU. (The EU approved arrivals from 10 countries at the end of July, including Australia; Canada; Georgia; Japan; SKorea; New Zealand; Rwanda; Thailand; Tunisia; and Uruguay).

Again, this is about physical presence, not nationality. The EU member states do differ as to implementation: France refers to “arriving from” these 10 countries (which most likely means 14 days at most), Germany requires you to have been “resident” in one of the above 10 countries for at least 6 months. But even that applies specifically to those 10 countries, not if you’re coming from elsewhere in Europe - to include the UK.

So to modify my original answer to @sergio, the truth is that you don’t even need Canada, entering which will anyways be quite difficult.
The UK allows visitors from the US, though you must self-isolate for 14 days.
Get yourself an AirBNB or something like that for 2 weeks, then you can cross over to Europe with no issues.

Hmm... UK could be an interesting option but I know they do random checks to enforce quarantine and according to the below would still not necessarily remove any declaration/ quarantine / PCR test burden in France if having been in Argentina within 30 days. There is also the risk of running into issues if crossing into another EU country with different rules if the officer is having a bad day and decides to question you. Maybe better to stick to Miami for vacations instead this year?

Btw I hear another US airline will have two weekly “special flights” approved and announced soon.

BC62E9B7-EEB0-43C7-97DD-9B38A80B60E1.png3AA1FCD2-829F-458E-BAF3-DCAAAE2DE35E.png

It has been covered in detail on another thread about flights reopening but check AR (MAD, JFK and more from time to time) AZ (FCO) AF (CDG) and KL (AMS) for USA also check Eastern.

I see the thread about flights reopening in September but as far as I can tell this has not happened yet, hence my question: what options are there at this time? I don't see where
No. Generally speaking, the EU’s rules are about where you’re coming from, not your passport. Americans can enter France from anywhere in Europe as well as from the 10 countries approved by the EU. (The EU approved arrivals from 10 countries at the end of July, including Australia; Canada; Georgia; Japan; SKorea; New Zealand; Rwanda; Thailand; Tunisia; and Uruguay).

Again, this is about physical presence, not nationality. The EU member states do differ as to implementation: France refers to “arriving from” these 10 countries (which most likely means 14 days at most), Germany requires you to have been “resident” in one of the above 10 countries for at least 6 months. But even that applies specifically to those 10 countries, not if you’re coming from elsewhere in Europe - to include the UK.

So to modify my original answer to @sergio, the truth is that you don’t even need Canada, entering which will anyways be quite difficult.
The UK allows visitors from the US, though you must self-isolate for 14 days.
Get yourself an AirBNB or something like that for 2 weeks, then you can cross over to Europe with no issues.
How on earth would you buy food if you're locked into an Air B and B? Could be quite complicated.

I see the thread about flights reopening in September but as far as I can tell this has not happened yet, hence my question: what options are there at this time? I don't see where

How on earth would you buy food if you're locked into an Air B and B? Could be quite complicated.
These “special” flights have been happening for over a month now. Every week they are departing EZE. September was supposed to start “scheduled” flights like normal - this will not happen for at least 60 days more. Don’t put too much importance on the names “special” and “scheduled” - it is to do with ARG government approvals and their great sense of logic / propaganda and not much more.

I am aware that many “special” flights are full, so perhaps explains why you may not be able to find a seat on their website if you have been looking. Try searching Business and Premium Economy if nothing open in Economy (or Visa versa)

If you need to quarantine like I needed to here when I returned from Europe, online supermarkets and delivery apps will be your new best friend.

Last edited:
Seats still available on Aerolineas flights from EZE to MIA on August 21 and 28. Saludos.

In most other countries your can buy stuff on the internet and it comes to your address quickly. It's not complicated.

In most other countries your can buy stuff on the internet and it comes to your address quickly. It's not complicated.

This.
In Canada we had to confirm we had a plan for this as a condition of being allowed into the country.
Walmart and several other stores deliver whatever you need.
We actually adopted a local verdulero that you make your order online and they deliver the next morning. It’s great.
I cannot imagine this is not possible in the UK.
The Miami flights (both for tomorrow and 28) are showing up as booked solid. JFK tonight is still wide open.

Back