How can I extend my working visa in Argentina?

CindyDbs

Registered
Hello there!

I'm writing this in behalf of a an Irish friend of my who's living here in BA for almost 6 months now. His working visa is about to expire and he'd like to stay working here for another 6 months. Someone told him he should go to the "departamento de prorrogaciones but we searched on the web to see where it is and we couldn't find anything.

Does anyone know what we can do?? <O>

Cheers!

You are looking fpor the "prorrogas de permanencia" which is in the office of migraciones at Av. Antártida Argentina 1355.

http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/accesible/?noticia=790

There are several threads in the forum which cover renewing or overstaying a work visa. Here's one:

Overstaying work visa

In order to "renew" a work visa he must continue working at the same job and must present proof that he has been working (pay stubs, etc.) as well as proof from his employer that the job will continue. Someone posted a list of the requisites in another thread. I'll try to find it. If someone else can post the link that would be nice.

Steve it right...here is the list I posted last year:

1. Carta de Contunidad Laboral (from your employer)
2. AFIP Constancia de Inscripcion (download from afip.gob.ar with Company´s CUIT)
3. AFIP Aportes (download from afip.gob.ar with employee CUIL)
4. Requirentes - This your employer should have. It is proof that they are registered with Migraciones to hire foreigners.
5. Last 9 pay stubs
6. Antecedentes penales
7. Passport
8. Photocopy of first page of passport
9. 600 pesos

Make sure you go with copies of everything. They will keep the originals of:

1. Carta de Continuidad laboral
2. Antecedentes

They will keep copies of the rest of the list.

Back