How do I call a Cell Phone number?

reiver

Registered
So, I have my cell phone from Canada with me in Buenos Aires, and it works fine here.

If I want to call a local number like 4848-4848, on my cell phone, I'd dial: +541148484848. I.e., I put a "+5411" in front of the number to call it from my phone. (And yes, I put the plus sign -- the "+" -- in there.) And it works.

But how do I call an Argentinian cell phone number? I've seen number like: 156-123-4567. Does prepending that with "+5411" work? Or do I just prepend it with a "+"?

Any help would be much appreciated.

you might try 54-911-xxxx-xxxx

that's what my parents have to dial to call me from the states at least....

reiver said:
So, I have my cell phone from Canada with me in Buenos Aires, and it works fine here.

If I want to call a local number like 4848-4848, on my cell phone, I'd dial: +541148484848. I.e., I put a "+5411" in front of the number to call it from my phone. (And yes, I put the plus sign -- the "+" -- in there.) And it works.

But how do I call an Argentinian cell phone number? I've seen number like: 156-123-4567. Does prepending that with "+5411" work? Or do I just prepend it with a "+"?

Any help would be much appreciated.

How to dial to Argentina cellular:

mobile numbers in Argentina also include the geographical area code
for calls to a cell phone dial: 011 + 54 + 9 + area code (see table above) + cell number (area code + cell number = 10 digits, adding 9 before the area code is mandatory when dialing a cell number from abroad)
IMPORTANT! If the cell number begins with 15 you must drop these two digits
Example: if the cell number you want to dial belongs to the Bahia Blanca region you must dial: 011 + 54 + 9 + 291 + ??? ????

More info: howtocallabroad

Please let us know how it went

Lucas said:
How to dial to Argentina cellular:

More info: howtocallabroad

This is fantastic website. I checked a few countries that I know and it seems to be accurate. It even allows you to enter FROM and TO the same country, which then provides you with the local dialing rules. I travel all the time and this website will be invaluable. I have googled the dialing rules challenge so many times - and you would not believe the junk that is posted. Most is worthless! THANKS for sharing this great one! :)

Back