how do i get a lice shampoo and comb?

sketchyblueeyes

Registered
hello all,

So two girls who live with me came back from brazil with itchy heads and little red bumps on their heads after each getting one of those colorful string things woven into their hair. Now - i may just be paranoid but i now swear my head itches and its keeping me up at night. The point of this story is that I want to get up tomorrow morning, march straight to the pharmacy, and purchase a comb and shampoo to make sure that i am lice free, and to wash off my friends' heads. And as fun as i'm sure it would be, i'm disinclined to just show up and explain that I want un champu para los bichos que viven en mi pelo.

Can anyone help me out and let me know what to ask for?

Thanks much!:eek:

Piojos! I've just got rid of them... if you go into any pharmacity there is a whole section dedicated to piojo treatment. You can buy the comb and a range of different treatments... i used ASSY max, it appears to have done the job. Good luck!

Hi,
Let me suggest you a more euphemistic way to ask for a head lice treatment: ¿Podría recomendarme un buen shampoo o tratamiento contra la pediculosis?

Hope to have been of help. Good luck ;)

LalyIG

You go through the first treatment, which not only include wash throughly the heads, and comb the hair with the special comb. You need to wash the pillow case and iron it with a very hot iron, and spray the pillows and mattresses with lysoform or something like that. As the reproduction cycle is of 10 days, I recommend you to go through the wash, comb, special clean precedure in 10 days again.

Tons of patience and good luck!!!

Thanks all! I'm hoping that i myself have been spared the lice, but want to make sure! I appreciate the tips!

I was recommended a product here called Nopucid (get it from any pharmacy). It smelt pretty strong but it did the trick!

Most of the products have the same chemical ingredients. Nopucid is the main brand, like when you think about a soda, you think about coca-cola.

I looooove ASSY uso diario !!! The bottle says something like "for those who cannot use chemicals" ... it is really gentle and effective... has the texture of conditioner and it is not as aggressive as other products.

First you apply on dry hair - let it stay for 3 min... rinse and repeat..rinse again... then you use the comb... the smell is not as bad either

Good luck... my children only got lice once last year during the winter.... strange... I also have this repellent called SUMO which I have only used for extreme cases (too strong)... smells of citronella and something else... I spray it on pillows and jackets when it is lice season in school and it does the trick...

jeez... as always... I speak about piojos and I get the instant itching ...

nativexpat said:
Good luck... my children only got lice once last year during the winter.... strange... I also have this repellent called SUMO which I have only used for extreme cases (too strong)... smells of citronella and something else... I spray it on pillows and jackets when it is lice season in school and it does the trick...

Just curious -- does the trick of prevention, or the trick of killing any eggs picked up, or just live piojos or what? (My 3 yr old niece just started school and my sister-in-law is worried that getting piojos are just a matter of "when"....)

Back