How Do you Feel About This Huge Economic Mess ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am most concerned about the value of the dollar with printing another 700 Billion to fix something that may or may not work.

I wonder if any one can accept this as a shock to the system? I for one accept it as such. So, GWB and his 3 stooges were a bit late. This is exactly how the system works people. It is known as the Shock Syndrome and was designed and tailormade by one of the greatest ecomomic masters of all time, Milton Friedman. He was ahead of everyone with his master economic scientific proven plan to take advantage of every shock that came along for any country including the USA. Someone mentioned the Homeland Securtiy Act following 911. Who do you think benefited from that piece of legislation. Follow that up with the New Orleans disaster and once more you have those elite followers of Friedman taking advantage of another shock. And now we have the Wall street shock that was preplanned by this group two years back. Now who do you suppose will benefit from these shocks. You guessed it, GWB and those elite well educated economic gentleman otherwise known as the Chicago School Boys. Now we have the shock in Texas, and don't forget the Iran shock and the list goes on. 911 created a goldmine ( sorry to say this ) as many of them joined that the millionaire club while others just got richer. Well there is an election coming up, and many Senators are now asking the 3 stooges why the American Public should pay for private enterprise when those CEOs at the top of these corporations are leaving with a wallet so thick you could pave a road from LAX to HNL. As for the USA dollar, I am sorry to tell you that it will definitely fall down some more, a lot more and you can look at oil topping out at 175 or better in the next 12 months. It is all part to that ole system known as, " lets get rich using the doctrine of Friedman. One more thing, you will also see the Housing in the States to fall even more, with more citizens walking out the door leaving the key and not much else. Maybe they will take the door too. Since the government has now become a major player on Wall street and the banking business, it only spells disaster. For you expats from the USA, you should all thank God your here. Now if anyone of you really have some spare loot and want to make a big bang for the buck, buy into the Chinese market, the next leading financial major player in the world of rising stocks. This is not over yet and may God help he who takes over from GWB. By the way, did anyone know during the Bush reign of terror in his first term that it was the Democrats who passed most of his jolting ideas into law. Imagine that!

"kenmtraveller" said:
It just blows my mind to consider what is happening: that we are going to print 700 billion new dollars (no mention of new taxes, so we're just inflating the money supply I guess) to bail out a bunch of investment banks.I keep hearing about how the alternative is an impossible nightmare; the unavailability of credit for years to come. Yet , to me, that is exactly the kind of medicine that America needs. We're a nation of debtors, living far beyond our means, and we need to change.I am lucky to be debt-free; I lead a very minimalist life. The proposed bailout penalizes people like me for making good choices, while enabling continued bad choices on the part of others, and protecting the wealth and status of the rich elites who run the country. Ken

To put the current financial crisis at the door of one party is grossly ignorant. Since the dismantling of checks built into the global financial system in the 70's, houses of government (and IFI's etc..) have become increasingly answerable to only one thing - the interests of global capital. Credit is the most profitable business in the world and so the imperative from global capital is that there should be more of it available to more people, hence we have arrived at where we are today through acts of legislation (and neglect) by both republican and democrat administrations. This is nothing new and can be observed all over the world; the New Labour of Great Britain was presaged by similar shifts in Australia in the 80's, and the US, with the greatest concentration of capital in the world, is merely a particularly violent pioneer of governing according to these principles. To suggest it would be otherwise under a Democrat government is about as naive as suggesting that US expansionism under the Bush administration is anything more than an extension of what has been practiced under every US administration since WWII (and many before then). I hope Obama wins so that when nothing changes perhaps more Americans will crawl out of their partisan cocoons, move beyond 'political dialogue' based only on sweeping, emotive language and start thinking outside of their all too small boxes.

You Republicans have an effing excuse for EVERYTHING !!! I mean, in 2004 your sick dishonest gang turned GWB into a war hero (he'd never even been to Vietnam - in fact, he hide in a Vodka bottle to stay away from the action.) and Kerry into a war criminal (a guy that was in the heart of it on a swift boat for months - I believe he had a Purple Heart or 2). That's just pure magical bullsh*t to say the least. When you have no scruples, ZERO moral compass, are a total hypocrite, and lie about anything and everything (McCain has totally got it down - the lying and flip-flopping, he's top gun, a joy to watch-LOL) it's easy to make up fairy tales like you do so well Moxon. If Obama wins he's gonna have so much work just cleaning up after Frat Boy W's gigantic mess that he probably won't be able to get much done (plus all the money's long gone since Frat Boy spent it on all kinds of low I.Q., know nothing, idiotic nonsense).

I'm not gonna waste anymore of my time but I just wanna know one thing Moxon.... how does it feel to be on the side of the worst President in American History??? How does if feel to be part of a party that has proven in almost 8 years that it's nothing but one big gigantic failure??? One big bullsh*t hypocrisy that has f-ed up SO BADLY that America is now on it's deathbed gasping for some air??? Your team (Modern Day Republican) are the biggest losers in US political history - now that's a fact bro. The only people that still believe are those kind with the one front tooth flapping in the wind, with brothers who are also their fathers, 5 years of schooling before going to work at the Fillin' Station, somewhere down in the bible belt where NASCAR is a religion and Gomer Pyle USMC is thought of as a "Certified Brainiac". Now that's a group I'll let YOU hang with Moxon. Don't mean to be a snob but I like to be around people who's I.Q. is higher than their shoe size - comprendo? No? Yes? Maybe? who cares...... thanks for f-ing up my country for 8 LONG years........ (only 4 posts? Maybe you are on here with numerous user names... possibly?.... awww well who knows, clever move Hombre)

Moxon, too good to pass up, You should be proud of your man - very very PROUD !!! Check it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncBPB5odB8A&feature;=related

And, of course, Oliver Stone's new movie "W" that I heard makes a TOTAL jackass out of the jerk, 3 short weeks away

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXLU_E_ue5U

I wouldn't class myself as a Republican (neither the traditional definition nor the new orthodoxy to have emerged in the last 30 years) nor have I ever voted for the Republican Party mainly because, erm.., I'm not a US citizen, nor have I ever been to the US..Call the Republican administration what you like but the biggest losers in US political history they are not - they've done very nicely for themselves.
A very amusing post - and a fantastic exempli gratia in parentheses to my final paragraph.

Dude, not a US citizen ?!?!?!? Man, I only have so many good lines in me and here you are pullin' a fake out on the Dudester - Bad Mojo, Bad Karma.....

Never been to the USA ?? Well, you're the one that's never seen SLEEPING BEAUTY'S CASTLE at Disney World, not me... your major loss my man, not mine.......

I understand that you're upset because you lost money in the recent unravelling of credit markets, however referring to yourself in the third person will provide at best only mild relief through some residual psychological disassociation but is ultimately futile as is trying to boost Canon's stock price by pimping their cameras on a forum for expats in Buenos Aires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back