How do you get your pesos into a UK bank account ?

Gusss

Registered
Hi,
My girlfriend and I are currently working in Rosario and will be for the next two months. We are paid in cash and are saving a reasonable quantity of money (in pesos) - the only thing is we dont want to be walking about with it on us when we set off travelling again. Can anyone think of a good way to get these pesos into a UK bank account ?

send them with western union and get someone in teh UK to pick them up for you and deposit them in the bank.

There will probably be a better solution than this,

Open a local bank account and wire the money to your other account?

PhilipDT said:
Open a local bank account and wire the money to your other account?

opening a bank account without DNI is not easy, if not imposible.

katti said:
opening a bank account without DNI is not easy, if not imposible.

indeed. The western union idea is one that crossed my mind but we would lose a hell of a lot of money .

Find a nice expat/local who will paypal you the equivalent? How much are we talking? 1000s or 10000s?

Why dont you come to an agreement with an expat with account in UK, you give him cash (that would save him about 14 pesos per 900 taken out of a cajero) and he transfers the same amount in pounds from his to your account in UK?

You can get traveler's cheques. Banco Piano issues them, and it looks like they have a branch in Rosario. http://www.bancopiano.com.ar/sucursales.aspx That is surely the cheapest way. Also, Banco Piano will transfer the pesos to any account anywhere in the world via Money Gram for 2% commission. You do not have to have an account with Banco Piano for that either. Just show up with your passport, cash in pesos and bank info in the UK (name, address, swift code, acct #, etc).

If you know your account number and sort code, there is no reason you cannot deposit straight into your account.
A bit late I know, but if travelling and working abroad you really should be with HSBC, as most UK banks are useless internationally. If you were with them you could deposit at any branch. If not you need to go to Banco Piano or Alhec group in the centre, where from a grubby basement you can send money straight to your UK account.
Good Luck.

Back