Interest Rates In Pesos Given By Banks

BankNote

Registered
http://buenosaireshe...-interest-rates

Does this mean, if one puts 100,000 pesos in a bank for 44 days, at end of 44 days ( @ 25%) one gets 125,000 pesos?

25000 pesos @ blue rate with almost be equal to 1600 usd.

So this would mean converting 6250 usd to pesos and putting in the bank for 44 days would earn one 1600 usd?

Can anyone walk me through this? Or I got it all ( highly likely) wrong.

Thanks

Las tasas mínimas con que las entidades financieras remunerarán a los ahorristas se ubicarán en torno de 26,3% para colocaciones de 30 a 44 días y en 29,1% para las realizadas a 180 días o más.

You will get 2 % in pesos aprox in 30 days or $2000 pesos , (depending on the amount deposited). How many dollars will that represent in 30 days....? Who knows?

You put your cash in an Argentine bank on a fixed term deposit , there is no guarantee you will get it out.

You need to have a lot of faith in the system.

I have had an account in U$D in Ctibank Argentina since 2007.I have never had any problem at all with it.I replenish it periodically with U$D I bring back from the U.S.It's not that I have faith in the system.I just don't want to keep cash at home.Also,no matter who wins the election,Argentina must return to the international credit markets.Not even,Axel will risk another "corralito".

I have had an account in U$D in Ctibank Argentina since 2007.I have never had any problem at all with it.I replenish it periodically with U$D I bring back from the U.S.It's not that I have faith in the system.I just don't want to keep cash at home.Also,no matter who wins the election,Argentina must return to the international credit markets.Not even,Axel will risk another "corralito".
in argentina they say that you put money in the bank so that at least you`ll know who has robbed you

Back