How early to arrive at Jorge Newbery?

BrianG

Registered
Anyone have a quick response about how long before a flight departs we really need to arrive at Newbery? The airline says two hours, which sounds like the exaggerated times that most US airlines say. Is the check-in for domestic similar to US or should we expect it to really take two hours? Thanks.

You don't need to be at the airport that long before, but:

-consider potential traffic jams on the way to the airport (it depends on the time of the day)
-Is yours an International flight? If it is one, allow for some 15-20 more minutes for immigration formalities

Can you check in online? If so I think you only have to drop your bags off at least 40 mins before the flight....

online check in is great but you can never predict what the security lines will be like

I would play it safe and go 2 hours before as they suggest. You never know what traffic is going to be like or if they're overbooked. :)

I've never had a problem with 1 hour before. Beware of traffic though!

PhilipDT said:
I've never had a problem with 1 hour before. Beware of traffic though!

This.

Newberry is kind of like a training airport. You learn the basics and it takes about 15 to 20 from drop off to waiting outside the gate.

And only the first flights of the day (going out OR going in) are anywhere close to being on-time.

Yesterday (due to rain and wind) my clients' flight back to Newberry from Iguazu was 2hrs 40mins late, and that was LAN! Then it took another 50mins to de-board, collect their bags, meet their driver, and get in the car. That process should take 25mins-30mins.

If you are flying internationally, ojo. The last two times I flew to Uruguay out of Aeroparque, I got held up for quite a long time in the immigrations line. Both times they had only 2 or 3 open lanes and a HUGE line of people waiting.

Back