How Is Buenos Aires Compared To 2 Years Ago?

I've lived here in 2004-2006, visited in 2007,2010 and have lived in Palermo since March 2014. I don't think much has changed, overall. Yes there are some nice things, more wifi, subway (sandwich) places are everywhere. More police on the corners. Sube cards, HD tv, more clearly marked collectivo stops, cleaned up subway stations, metrobus is nice, bike lanes, rent bikes....

Still there are a lot of problems, constantly feeling like I'm about to get robbed, horrible sidewalks, villeros and cartoneros, and from just two years ago the inflation has gotten out of control. 100 pesos will fly out your pocket. Go buy some snacks at the grocery store, always over 100. The 100 peso bill is the 20 peso bill of several years ago. Have fun

I've lived here in 2004-2006, visited in 2007,2010 and have lived in Palermo since March 2014. I don't think much has changed, overall. Yes there are some nice things, more wifi, subway (sandwich) places are everywhere. More police on the corners. Sube cards, HD tv, more clearly marked collectivo stops, cleaned up subway stations, metrobus is nice, bike lanes, rent bikes....

Still there are a lot of problems, constantly feeling like I'm about to get robbed, horrible sidewalks, villeros and cartoneros, and from just two years ago the inflation has gotten out of control. 100 pesos will fly out your pocket. Go buy some snacks at the grocery store, always over 100. The 100 peso bill is the 20 peso bill of several years ago. Have fun

You hit it on the head, the two major concerns are inflation and insecurity, Scioli said today on TV he will reduce inflation...?? didn't mention how much in what time period ...??? He did nothing in 8 years..?

Be careful dating those Argentine girls...you might end up like the chap in my picture :)
Or you'll end up like me worrying about VISAS for the wife, and CRBA passport for the baby

I do not mind dating them and I have had the full experience. Though at this moment in my life I am more focused on having a sound future than dating. I recovered from the break up with my Argentine ex girlfriend 2 years ago, yet I am not planning on having another one for the moment. I only come to Buenos Aires for some distraction. In another 2 years from now, when my life is more stable, I may be more adventurous again.

Back