How Is The Government Handling The Power Crisis?

PhillipDT is on course. It is such a well known economic principle that price controls cause shortage that it's hard to believe that politicians don't know it. The more government interference the more problems you have. I think the strategy is to make the people think they are doing something, the rising prices certainly aren't OUR fault. It isn't the phony balony currency we are printing to pay for all this stuff, it is the fault of the greedy merchants and we will put a stop to it because WE look out for YOU. Without an economic education, the people believe it. And you watch. They will get elected again and again.

Good point Phillip DT

Clearly they haven't heeded my suggestions but instead have decided on an 'asueto', which if I'm not wrong, means sending civil servants home to put their feet up in their air conditioned condos.
Nice one Coqui! Well thought out.

PhillipDT is on course. It is such a well known economic principle that price controls cause shortage that it's hard to believe that politicians don't know it. The more government interference the more problems you have. I think the strategy is to make the people think they are doing something, the rising prices certainly aren't OUR fault. It isn't the phony balony currency we are printing to pay for all this stuff, it is the fault of the greedy merchants and we will put a stop to it because WE look out for YOU. Without an economic education, the people believe it. And you watch. They will get elected again and again.

Good point Phillip DT

What? How can you say that? Everyone knows that businesses are created as a service to the community. No one builds a business to make a profit! God forbid ... that would be too "capitalist." ;)

Rules of engagement, protests. Of the many things I do not understand about Argentina, the rules for protesting is baffling. A person has a burr up their ass and to air the grievance they go and camp out on a major highway/road and shut it down. You get to disrupt everyone else's freedom with complete impunity. Can understand the frustration, but some of this stuff is just plain crazy. Plus, at no extra charge, burn tires and asphyxiate half the neighborhood. Of course, am stuck in traffic at the moment because of the protesting.

My rant for this hour

This government is not capable of handling anything at all. We are on auto pilot, it is going to be two very long years. Everyday, after reading what the government has to say on different topics - ie power outages, inflation, insecurity, etc I puke a little bit in my mouth :p

So all this 'Todos con Cristina' literature that splatters the city walls are the markings of yesteryear, as she took power I presume?
(i'm rathah new upon these shores!)

Krisitna.... What they have no aircon? Have them move to their Summer Dachas....!

Good point Phillip DT

Economists here should follow the Cuban Model, The Castro's have allowed recently 14 Government owned companies to compete and set their prices and compete, instead of government fixed prices, a market economy?

INDEC reports record Christmas purchases by consumers: Generators

It looks like Macri is taking it seriously: http://www.mdzol.com/nota/509202-macri-bariloche-y-la-foto-de-la-discordia/ ... NOT.

It's gotta be a joke. Small time Banana Republic Mayor uses a private jet. WTF

Back