How Is The Government Handling The Power Crisis?

Gringoboy

Registered
Let's face it, they're all politicians and one has to assume that each minister has their own agenda in this particular crisis.
However, I was always of the understanding that a politician's role in life was to squeeze as many kudos as they could out of any 'political opportunity'.
But it seems to me that they don't use the same instruction manual.
It's all knee jerk reaction and headless chicken syndrome.
Did it never occur to these dimwits that an opportunity was staring them in the face?
If I'd been put in charge of this bunch, I'd have formed an emergency team immediately with the following objectives in affected areas:
Assess the power situation directly with EDENOR and EDESUR and identify each and every problem.
Put together mobile teams to be sent to areas affected by power loss, talk to and reassure the concerned citizens.
Make available free water and temporary power backup.
Establish free hygiene facilities.
Ban all road closures and damage to streets by angry citizens (this probably wouldn't be necessary as a result of the above)

These measures would not be expensive and should be part of any emergency plan already.
The effect would be to calm and inform the people, who would finally see that their government cares about them.
The politicians could then bask in the glory of their political masterstroke.

Just like any other crisis that they have been faced with - they are reacting as usual. Blaming others, including citizens for crazy reasons only angering people further. This goverment takes NO responsibility for anything that goes wrong. They play the blame game and victimize themselves. The WORST ever!!

Not one conservation demand from the authorities. Advertising signs flashing on and on, decorative lighting. Many of the Puerto Madero office buildings are empty, but are all lighted up and cooled. List goes on and on. Think a conservative estimate, demand could be cut back by 25% if there was an honest effort.

This government is not capable of handling anything at all. We are on auto pilot, it is going to be two very long years. Everyday, after reading what the government has to say on different topics - ie power outages, inflation, insecurity, etc I puke a little bit in my mouth :p

Kid-trying-to-pour-milk-informercial-gif.gif

Paranoia: it is all a political plot. What makes these people tick?
http://www.lapoliticaonline.com/nota/77399-en-el-pico-de-la-crisis-hubo-256-cortes-de-calle-y-el-gobierno-temio-un-complot-politico/

Like politicians everywhere they are narrowly focused on winning the next election. If this were closer to an election it would be a concern.

Milton Friedman said:
"We economists don't know much, but we do know how to create a shortage. If you want to create a shortage of tomatoes, for example, just pass a law that retailers can't sell tomatoes for more than two cents per pound. Instantly you'll have a tomato shortage. It's the same with oil or gas or electricity."

how come i get this picture of Christina with every light on and all her air cons on full blast.. and her just just asking for another glass of cold champange.....

Back