How Macri Removed The Currency Control In A Week

Have to say Macri is a capable guy and know how to turn things around, and he has better vision than K.
Running a country is similar to running a company or a house household, you need positive income and savings.

Yup, he definitely is a capable guy. You can't be successful in business if you're incapable, neither can you successfully run a city like buenos Aires for 8 years in spite of the crazy K's in power.

The kirchneristas and peronistas aligned with them thought they'd make it impossible for Macri to be able to do anything. The best part of all of this has been to see the gobsmacked look on their faces when all their plans to disrupt Macri's government have gone down the drain so far since he's been making use of every constitutional channel to avoid having to deal with them in the beginning.

I'm happy with the route he's taken. Wouldn't want someone who doesn't know what the heck to do (like Illia) when faced with opposition and then hand over the presidency to peronistas for who knows how many more years.

No one expected or assumed Macri was going to be an angel. Lesser of two evils means exactly what it sounds like. K's have lost all credibility over the last 12 years with all their crying wolf. I'll revisit my opinion on Macri's presidency after he's had at least 100 days in office.

By the way all those people talking about CFK's "high" approval ratings (40-50%), what do they think about the new polls that put Macri's approval ratings in 70-80%? Must sting...must sting real bad.

PS: I believe the numbers on Macri's approval ratings as much as I do CFK's...that is, load of crap like all the other poll numbers in this country.

It is not possible for all countries to run a trade surplus at the same time. The US has not had a trade surplus since 1975. It just kept exporting dollars since then.

All Argentina has to do is to let the world prefer pesos above dollars :)

Ask the Swiss. Or the Germans or the Norwegians, Canadians, Australians, Czechs, Kiwis or British. If you have a rule of law in the country then you don't need the US dollar.

If peso will continue as stable currency, also neighbouring countries will start to trade in better rate. Of course it will take time to trust, but if not, they will run out of pesos, hence profit.

TwentyThosandRoads:
"if you have a rule of law in a country,then you don't need the U:S: dollar".
I totally agree.That appears to be one of Macri's primary goals.
For the last 30 or so years there has been no real functional justice. in Argentina. Hence the constant real currency (U&D) vs. funny money (inflated AR$ ) game .
The monied classes who had hard currency came out on top f--king over the low income groups who did not.
As you correctly say with a true rule of law all that will,hopefully, soon become ·game over"..

TwentyThosandRoads:
"if you have a rule of law in a country,then you don't need the U:S: dollar".
I totally agree.That appears to be one of Macri's primary goals.
For the last 30 or so years there has been no real functional justice. in Argentina. Hence the constant real currency (U&D) vs. funny money (inflated AR$ ) game .
The monied classes who had hard currency came out on top f--king over the low income groups who did not.
As you correctly say with a true rule of law all that will,hopefully, soon become ·game over"..
Argentina always needs USD, the idiots will come back and ruin the country again.

Back