How many of you really know the interior and the culture, vs BA?

One thing I do like about NQN is after I've been in BA for a couple days.... I'm ready to go back to the smaller town vibe. I wish NQN had some of the variety of restaurants/goods/services that BA has. Most all of the things I bitch about in AR are addressed in BA. Like you can buy stuff easily and they have some selection of ethnic foods.

NQN wasn't so bad when you could just jump on a flight to BA and enjoy some different food or shop a little bit and come back on Sunday refreshed for work.

Also, I think for the most part rents are cheaper comparatively in BA than NQN due to the oil and gas.

I've never lived in BA full time so I can't compare the two directly.

One thing I do like about NQN is after I've been in BA for a couple days.... I'm ready to go back to the smaller town vibe. I wish NQN had some of the variety of restaurants/goods/services that BA has. Most all of the things I bitch about in AR are addressed in BA. Like you can buy stuff easily and they have some selection of ethnic foods.

NQN wasn't so bad when you could just jump on a flight to BA and enjoy some different food or shop a little bit and come back on Sunday refreshed for work.

Also, I think for the most part rents are cheaper comparatively in BA than NQN due to the oil and gas.

I've never lived in BA full time so I can't compare the two directly.

Great comments . All your troubles would be over if you GO LOCAL forget about JUMBO and imported products , Also I'm sure there's a local Parrilla in NQN, one doesn't need sushi or Mexican Food.Forget about sophisticated electronic devices

On a personal level I find that the Chino supermarket ( in Suipacha, Provincia de Bs.As, population 9,000). has everything I may need.
Within a couple of blocks a seamstress, a Cell phone repair shop, an optical shop, they adjust or find a part for your disposable lenses for free...!! a fluff and fold laundromat, the hardware store where they repair appliances...What else ? The Correo Argentino where they pay WU transfers. the bicicleteria where they pump your tires..! the only local cafe where you meet the locals. The local resto Don Valentin with the best pastas ..!
No kale though, gluten free products .. never checked ? Vegemite? sorry not available..!

When was the last time I went to Teatro Colon ? or Calle Corrientes shows? Can't remember ..!

Great comments . All your troubles would be over if you GO LOCAL forget about JUMBO and imported products , Also I'm sure there's a local Parrilla in NQN, one doesn't need sushi or Mexican Food.Forget about sophisticated electronic devices

Suipacha is a lovely small town. A couple I know moved there many years ago, fed up with BA. They started a cheese making operation, now thriving, and raised four children, also thriving. Never looked back.

More and more couples in their thirties are moving to small towns in the interior. Personally, the only thing I would miss are BA's bookstores, but Suipacha is within easy day-trip distance.

I've also learned to live with local stuff, and not to yearn for what's not available. Haven't been to the Colon or to any museums, either. If it wasn't for family, I'd consider moving to the interior.

Suipacha is a lovely small town. A couple I know moved there many years ago, fed up with BA. They started a cheese making operation, now thriving, and raised four children, also thriving. Never looked back.

More and more couples in their thirties are moving to small towns in the interior. Personally, the only thing I would miss are BA's bookstores, but Suipacha is within easy day-trip distance.

I've also learned to live with local stuff, and not to yearn for what's not available. Haven't been to the Colon or to any museums, either. If it wasn't for family, I'd consider moving to the interior.

Maybe is Cabaña Piedras Blancas the cheese operation you mention now a major player in goat, sheep and cow cheese specialties . One can visit from Capital free guided tour and tasting..130 km. from BA- ruta 5 on the road left side ..!

1597333663734.png

1597333505287.png

1597333463462.png

Not sure about the name, but they specialize in gourmet cheeses. Macri stopped at their shop on Route 5 a couple of years ago. Just know about them because she's the niece of a very old friend. Grew up and educated in BA, went to an elite private school, and now happy and thriving in Suipacha, on "La Ruta del Queso". I laugh when I hear that, but it's proven to be a great marketing tool.

One more thing,, for connoisseurs Dulce De Leche de Cabra...! Goat Dulce de Leche..! you thought you had seen it all...!

1597336153748.png

Not sure about the name, but Macri stopped at their shop on Route 5 a couple of years ago. Just know about them because she's the niece of a very old friend. Grew up and educated in BA, went to an elite private school, and now happy and thriving in Suipacha, on "La Ruta del Queso". I laugh when I hear that, but it's proven to be a great marketing tool.

LA "Ruta del Queso" operated before on week ends and included lunch at Don Valentin. Four or five queserias visited including La Suipachense, normally a dozen people participated. One of the few tourist attractions of Suipacha. Also optional a visit to a jabalí ranch with jabalí asado tasting..!

On a personal level I find that the Chino supermarket ( in Suipacha, Provincia de Bs.As, population 9,000). has everything I may need.
Within a couple of blocks a seamstress, a Cell phone repair shop, an optical shop, they adjust or find a part for your disposable lenses for free...!! a fluff and fold laundromat, the hardware store where they repair appliances...What else ? The Correo Argentino where they pay WU transfers. the bicicleteria where they pump your tires..! the only local cafe where you meet the locals. The local resto Don Valentin with the best pastas ..!
No kale though, gluten free products .. never checked ? Vegemite? sorry not available..!

When was the last time I went to Teatro Colon ? or Calle Corrientes shows? Can't remember ..!

That's why I say to others that AR is a good place to exist. If you want to live in a small area and eat beef/wine/empanadas all the time it's good. I could maybe do this for a couple years. To experience other things and live a diverse life, it's not so great. I don't mean to be disrespectful.

That's why I say to others that AR is a good place to exist. If you want to live in a small area and eat beef/wine/empanadas all the time it's good. I could maybe do this for a couple years. To experience other things and live a diverse life, it's not so great. I don't mean to be disrespectful. These small towns would probably be a good place to raise small children.

There's something to be said for having few choices. The last time I shopped for a car in the US I was bombarded with different makers, models, packages, and trim levels. After a couple of days I yearned for the happy times when there was nothing available but a model T Ford - your choice of color as long as it was black.

Back