How much i need to bring with me for start?

Pretty expensive to commute between Bariloche and BsAs on a daily basis :D

Very true. lol but all I keep reding is how things are 20% more expensive in Bariloche, so maybe their are cheaper places ( I don't know) in BA if you don't live in the more expensive neighborhoods.

Nicole - I am guessing that is the price for an unfurnished place and that you have a guarantor correct? Two factors that drastically change the price point and neither of which your average new arrival will have access to do.

Average price for studios in Cap Fed (furnished, tourist rentals) are going to start at 500 USD and up.

If 400 USD is a maximum budget, the OP's only option is to look at a flat share.

if you are looking for a cheap place with excellent living conditions in South America, I wouldnt recommend Argentina anymore since the change doesnt reflect the real inflation rate. Argentina is back to the insanity of the dollar parity 8 years ago.

In Tarija, 200 km north of Argentina, you ll get culture, excellent chemicals free food, beautiful colonial buildings, almost no insecurity, mediterranean temperate weather all year round. Your apartment budget in Buenos Aires will allow you to live like a king.

My recommendation is stay at home and don't come until you have a reasonable amount of money saved to afford a decent life style.

Thank you all for well-meaning advices,
I have another 4 months to somehow to fill in its budget and come.
I know I need a lot of money,and I would like to be in BA...
And when I asked for prices for rent,I just thought about share flat with somebody maybe with 2-4 people or something similar,not alone to be on flat/apartment.I know is so expensive to live alone in big city.
But ofr any cause,these days I send a lot of emails on other Universities and language school in Argentina to see about prices and courses...
and for jobs I finished specialized high schol for tourism/hospitality and I hope in maybe some resorts,or hotels or simialr might be maid,help in hotels with guests like nanny or something...but the biggest problem is I dont speak very well language,and i aware of my situation is not good...

And if I wait to gather more money and then to come on I will wait so long...
I got used to create something from nothing,if i can to say like that...and othewrwise I comenig from country where not bloom flowers and I know how hard can be life without money and normal stuffs...
But If i waiting to something happed,to get more money here to come then...then that it is fairy tale...And i want to learn at least another one new language,meet some more rich cultures...to see how people live in another part of the World...
I already lived 2y in USA...
I know its so hard but again,be brave and not give up that goal...

Thank you all readers and expats...you are the best....

jovana84 said:
Hello,
In 4 months I coming in BA for long term...can you tell me aprox how much in $/euros/pesos I need to bring for start for expense like food,phone,gas,electricity,bus and similar etc and for every day....
Thank you,

We do have still the exchange 4 to 1 in Buenos Aires but that doesn't mean anything with a high inflation rate. So, if you need to rent a small app. and pay services, you need minimun $4000. (US1000) without a car obviously.
Hope this help you.
Good luck and welcome :eek:

jovana84 said:
... I send a lot of emails on other Universities and language school in Argentina to see about prices and courses...
You will find the cost of living cheaper in the towns in the provinces.

E.g. I have a 120 square meter unfurnished apartment plus patio and a huge terrace which cost me 1.700 pesos (US$ 425) a month on a two-year basis. Add 100 pesos a month for water, electricity, gas and municipalidad.

Back