How much is the Arg. peso really worth?

There is a mention on the new measures from the Central Bank "to limit the access of non residents to Dollars" someone may explain this better?

There is a mention on the new measures from the Central Bank "to limit the access of non residents to Dollars" someone may explain this better?
This was aimed first and foremost at foreign investment funds who were buying bonds and profiting from them. But of course, it makes life more complicated for all non-residents since the government want them to use the official si or si, while they pocket the delta. You lend me $100, I give you back $50, deal?

From what I understand these non-res rules are still vague. BRCA says no to non residents using parallel rates but CNV says they can still but question the “parking” to be applied. Suspect we will know more in the course of the next day or two.
Either way it kills any planned foreign investment, makes it harder for foreign companies to operate here, and pushes regular folk towards the blue even more strongly just to avoid the headache and benefit from the skyrocketing brecha.

With $3bn left in the bank today and burning fast, the fear is that BRCA USD reserves will run out none the less - at which point all hell breaks loose. All those USD accounts suddenly become ARS and inflation goes apeshit.

Just to note that this morning I got 124 pesos per dollar
from Western Union transfer from my PayPal card.
For what it's worth.

This was aimed first and foremost at foreign investment funds who were buying bonds and profiting from them. But of course, it makes life more complicated for all non-residents since the government want them to use the official si or si, while they pocket the delta. You lend me $100, I give you back $50, deal?

From what I understand these non-res rules are still vague. BRCA says no to non residents using parallel rates but CNV says they can still but question the “parking” to be applied. Suspect we will know more in the course of the next day or two.
Either way it kills any planned foreign investment, makes it harder for foreign companies to operate here, and pushes regular folk towards the blue even more strongly just to avoid the headache and benefit from the skyrocketing brecha.

With $3bn left in the bank today and burning fast, the fear is that BRCA USD reserves will run out none the less - at which point all hell breaks loose. All those USD accounts suddenly become ARS and inflation goes apeshit.

I often disasgree with your political opinions, but this post is right on the money. I think you have called this one exactly right! From here on out it's Mister Toad's Wild Ride.

To buy a dollar it takes $310 Argentina pesos in Uruguay... This summer? many places don't accept them..!

1600814548754.png

Today's blue dollar rate: $138/144.

Dollars must be getting scarce: "cara chica" bills are being accepted again, albeit at only $133 pesos per dollar.

I sent myself some dollars last night with WU, the rate was 135 nominal, and 122 actual when fees are included.

WU is great for service and convenience, but they do jack you hard on the fees.

Hey Red, did you have to fill any forms here in B.A. the first time you received it? I want to transfer today/tomorrow and never have done it. I want to pick up cause I dont have a bank account. Thanks for your help.

Back