How much is the Arg. peso really worth?

Hey Red, did you have to fill any forms here in B.A. the first time you received it? I want to transfer today/tomorrow and never have done it. I want to pick up cause I dont have a bank account. Thanks for your help.

Nope, it's not like Xoom, where they harass you endlessly with that crap. WU just needs to see your passport and the transaction number, and they give you your money.

If you are going to a smaller office, you may have trouble with not enough cash on hand, and you should definitely bring both your passport and a xerox copy of the title page thereof, the one with the picture. I go to the main office at Montevideo 825, C1019 ABQ, Buenos Aires, and there's never any trouble getting the cash.

A few times before the quarantine began, they asked me for my phone number, and once they asked me why I was in Argentina. I just said "turista" and tried to look stupid. No more questions were forthcoming. Since the quarantine, nobody does anything but give me the cash.

Timing your visit is important. Try to get there in the first 90 minutes after they open, and for the love of GOD don't go at lunch or late afternoon, or you'll be waiting until Gabriel blows his horn.

Thanks for the reply, is there any kind of limit? I only need about 2 grand per month. I got dual citizenship so can present a local DNI too. They dont ask you to sign any type of declation cause of AFIP? I thought I read something about after you send 3 times, is that not the case? Thanks I really need to get this and need to be carefull with this afip thing aswell, since Im local aswell.

Do I need to have it sent under a frieds or family name or can the sender be myself aswell. Thanks for helping out Red and everyone.

Thanks for the reply, is there any kind of limit? I only need about 2 grand per month. I got dual citizenship so can present a local DNI too. They dont ask you to sign any type of declation cause of AFIP? I thought I read something about after you send 3 times, is that not the case? Thanks I really need to get this and need to be carefull with this afip thing aswell, since Im local aswell.

Do I need to have it sent under a frieds or family name or can the sender be myself aswell. Thanks for helping out Red and everyone.

I have no idea about limits, but WTF would you do with 2K USD per month here in this.....lovely country? I live on like 550-600 USD per month. But 2000? That's lot of cocaine and putas, bro :)

To try to answer your questions. I wasn't bothered with any forms at all, but I'm a turista yanqui, remember? I send it from myself to myself, exact same name as both Sender and Receiver. But I have never sent more than 300 USD at a time.

Oh, and by the way, I looked just now and WU is offering 139 pesos to the dollar, before fees.

I have no idea about limits, but WTF would you do with 2K USD per month here in this.....lovely country? I live on like 550-600 USD per month. But 2000? That's lot of cocaine and putas, bro :).

Haha, no I dont spend that much, I just have to pay some friends back cause I didnt know about WU being so good.

Oh, and by the way, I looked just now and WU is offering 139 pesos to the dollar, before fees.

Ok great! But do you pay $50 everytime you transfer just $300 or is there still another trick I need to learn? I do definitely need to pick it up, I know its free to a bank account but dont want that.

Ok great! But do you pay $50 everytime you transfer just $300 or is there still another trick I need to learn? I do definitely need to pick it up, I know its free to a bank account but dont want that.
well, no, on 300 the fee would be 20
The current system is 10 fee for the first 100, and and additional 5 fee for each hundred after that. But of course that's always subject to change.
I should add that I use the website. Using the app may get you different results.

well, no, on 300 the fee would be 20
The current system is 10 fee for the first 100, and and additional 5 fee for each hundred after that. But of course that's always subject to change.
I should add that I use the website. Using the app may get you different results.

Thanks alot man, you have been VERY helpful, I really appreciate you taking the the time to explain it.

I transfer 500 U$S every month to myself and the fee is 25 as I do efectivo pick up. This way pesos are always available in minutes at WU office.

Juan Napoli President of Banco Nacional de Valores stated on TV now... The Dollar Value of major Argentinian stocks is 10 % of the value a year Ago..!

Some may decide to buy .. for long term ..?

I have two questions that someone might be able to answer:

1) In case there would be a Corralito.2020: what would be the consequences?
a) I suppose that the USD amounts in the accounts would be converted to the official rate
b) Any USD domestic contract would also be converted to the official rate
c) what would be the impact on the blue rate if such a measure would be taken
2) Is there a way to short the Argentine Peso in the international stock market? What would that be?

Back