How much to survive 3 months?

Those are both studios for almost 500.

1 BR for 400 was the question.

jp said:
USD 490, next to universidad de palermo
http://www.porteniostylee.com.ar/propiedad.php?id=54

USD 470, San Martin
http://buenosaires.es.craigslist.org/apa/1609773939.html

There's affordable stuff about, you just have to look.

U$D 490 is 20% over budget and a studio not a one bedroom, Security Deposit required - does not say how much

U$D 470 + U$D 25 admin fee - Studio not a 1 Bedroom and only available from 11th April... also 20% overbudget, +U$D 470 deposit

so where are these U$S 400 a month one bedroom apartments...?

Ack, c'mon....

Was just trying to show some affordable options. You could get by on 1k a month, and even have your own place. But it would be small, and you wouldn't have nearly as much fun.

Up until a few months ago I was paying 380 USD for a loft in las canitas. Admittedly its a long term rent, but its still a price the landlady was willing to rent the flat out for. There is affordable stuff about, but you'll generally get what you pay for, and you'll have to spend a while digging and negotiating to get a deal.

Its a lot easier to just budget for more and pay the going rate.

jez said:
so where are these U$S 400 a month one bedroom apartments...?

In the past.

(At least as far as "decent" neighborhoods are concerned.)

jp said:
Ack, c'mon....

Was just trying to show some affordable options. You could get by on 1k a month, and even have your own place. But it would be small, and you wouldn't have nearly as much fun.

Up until a few months ago I was paying 380 USD for a loft in las canitas. Admittedly its a long term rent, but its still a price the landlady was willing to rent the flat out for. There is affordable stuff about, but you'll generally get what you pay for, and you'll have to spend a while digging and negotiating to get a deal.

Its a lot easier to just budget for more and pay the going rate.

How do you spend the remaining 500 dollar?

OK, so Palermo for a one bedroom apartment you are looking at about u$s 700 a month including admin fees.

I've been looking for an apartment this week, and the prices are making me hyperventilate. They are at least 20% higher than they were the last time I looked, which was only 3 months ago. I used to rent a nice 1 bedroom for 600 USD.
Now all I can find for that price are 23 m2 studios with beds that fold up into the wall, in one of the surrounding barrios that are being palmed off as Palermo.
What just happened?!

Slopey said:
I've been looking for an apartment this week, and the prices are making me hyperventilate. They are at least 20% higher than they were the last time I looked, which was only 3 months ago. I used to rent a nice 1 bedroom for 600 USD.
Now all I can find for that price are 23 m2 studios with beds that fold up into the wall, in one of the surrounding barrios that are being palmed off as Palermo.
What just happened?!

Foe one thing, "espensas" just shot up.

A friend of mine bought an apartment in Palermo in November. The espenses for October were $500 pesos.

In January they were $920.

Back