how people live?

Misscarolina said:
LOL! I cannot remember what on Earth they used to say about the Japanese model!!! But there was something they said about it.

Perhaps it had something to do with "stag-nation" (which has nothing to do with a country full of bucks...or even a yen for them). :D

citygirl said:
People don't show off here b/c of security issues, not because of some higher ideal. But rest assured, they are buying the latest toys and gadgets, they're just not using them on the street or wearing their expensive jewelry except at private functions.

Not the ones I know, it all depends on who your neighbours are. Of course, if you believe Argentinians to be represented by our TV starlets, it does look like every Argentine's aim in life is to show off. And I never said that we consume less because of big ideals. You don't need to decide to be a hero to consume less... you just consume less because that's the way you are.

The one thing people generally consume a lot are cellphones. It seems that we are in constant communication here, you are almost non-existent without a Facebook account.

1. Pointing out the arrogance of others is not being arrogant. Your attempt to turn the tables with a silly, tit-for-tat accusation is evidence you have no valid response to the criticism of your inane remarks that Argentines have loftier values than others.
I don't think that Argentines have loftier values than others. But certainly are not as obsessed with shopping as other nationalities.

2. I disagree that criticism must always be respectful. It may be leveled with restraint and respect depending on the circumstances, but treating someone who calls me an untermensch with respect is absurd. Go f**k yourself - how's that for respect!
Your puberty will be over some day, don't worry. Insulting is the best you can do, it seems.

3. No one denies Argentines the right to be patriotic, but it is quite another thing to be so acutely jingoistic and arrogant as to claim that your (adopted) countrymen have nobler values than people from Europe or the states (as you did).

I did not. Re-read point 1 please.

Back