How Safe Is Ba?

I always bring my Nunchaku when travellin' to Lat Am countries, once in Peru, saw someone approaching me with his bizarre looks when I slanged and unholstered my beloved Nunchaku, then the would be thug turned back on his heels !

Quite different taking out a Nunchaku when someone walks to you, with a weird look, from having a Caliber 32 pointed on your head with a Bear deterrent near your right hand while you're in a car (the gun was really loaded... according to the Inspector Clouzeau investigation).

I prefer to do things the Corsican way (first guy who pointed a gun at me got scared and ran away... and I had no gun, and I'm not that impressive... -> this second guy with the cal. 32, as already told on this forum, will live something next year that will change his life, once I leave for another province, since I know where he lives now B) )

That's the bear deterrent I wondered about using with the gun on my head, I did not
beardet_zps3594a4ca.jpg

I do feel that some of the insecurity here in BA is overdramitized on the news but the fact is that there is no doubt its headed the wrong direction. It may still be fairly safe but there has been a steady decline over the past 10 years. LA, however, for the past 20 years has gotten progressively safer. Both my wife and I had offices in Compton and its encouraging how much better its become.

Well, that is not correct. 10 years ago childrens from primary schools in Conurbano used to get kidnap for 50 or 100 pesos, that was every day, just to put an example.
Also the worst year in our memory regarding crime was, by far, 1998 and 2002 a murder every 6 hours http://www.lanacion.com.ar/373108-son-asesinadas-cuatro-personas-cada-24-horas

The mayority of the problems are in AMBA and Rosario.

I always bring my Nunchaku when travellin' to Lat Am countries, once in Peru, saw someone approaching me with his bizarre looks when I slanged and unholstered my beloved Nunchaku, then the would be thug turned back on his heels !

Nunchaku_(Parts).JPG

They won't do you much good if the offender has a gun aimed at you. I've luckily avoided two robbery/attacks using pepper spray.

An armed robbery to a Financiera on Lavalle and Florida streets was foiled this afternoon! The police arrested 4 robbers

While identifying the robbers, to their surprise, Federal Police noted that two of those arrested were serving officers of the Metropolitan Police, who had come to steal with their serviceweapons and their badges. :confused: :confused:

http://www.infobae.c...eatonal-lavalle :confused:

0011539190.jpg

Soooo all that stuff I wrote about being aware of your surrounding blah blah blah.....I am clueless as the next tourist I guess. LOL When I first arrived I had gotten pick pocketed for a large sum of money at the San Telmo Fair, I chaulked this experience to being fresh off the boat or in this case plane. I licked my wounds, tightened my belt and repressed my strong addiction for shopping for the next month or two. I really thought I had learned my lesson. Yesterday I venture back to the scene of the crime, San Telmo Fair and what do you think happens? That´s right, I get pick pocketed,,,well pick pursed. I lost my cell phone, glasses and all my cash and never felt a thing. They left me broke, blind and without a phone. Not nice :( Six months here in Buenos Aires and I let it happen again. NOW I AM THE ONE NEEDING TO FIND A SMARTPHONE and it reminded me of this thread so I had to laugh and share.

So, how safe is Buenos Aires?
Well, depends. If you are unlucky enough to contract Ebola, a lot safer than the United States, it seems.

FULL STORY

vcj4mKj.jpg

Back