How silly some expats can be

Davidglen77 said:
Jeez, here's another expat with their panties in a bunch! I was simply making comparisons about accents when I named those people. However, anybody who wants to sound well spoken, educated, as I assume most people do, will follow what I've outlined here. I am not bashing anybody, just making a point about how your accent will point out where / how / to what degree your spanish level is. Speaking castellano is not only a matter of vocabulary, your accent (or lack of it) speaks volumes about your ability to express yourself in a foreign language.

And generalizing about people from Recoleta, or Susana Gimenez, Mirtha Legrand, or China Zorilla who are adored by 99% of the population of this country is just as bad as generalizing about people from a Villa (which was never done or expressed here by me, but I am being accused of)

Smile more and enjoy this great country!!

Alright then, I´ll be sure to let my middle class, educated boyfriend and his entire family and friends know how badly their accent is reflecting upon them and their ability to speak proper castellano.

And I definitely haven´t stopped smiling since I´ve been reading all of your posts! I can´t help but find it amusing to hear a Russian-Cuban commenting on what is the proper way to speak in Buenos Aires!!

Back