How to be seen at Hospital Aleman

TehDeej

Registered
I'm here visiting for an extended duration and need to see a Dr. for dermatological reasons. I do not have local insurance. I have seen many recommendations on this site for Hospital Aleman. What is the best way to do this? I am having a little trouble reading their website in Spanish. Can I make an appointment or do I just need to go and wait?

TehDeej said:
Can I make an appointment or do I just need to go and wait?

My guess is that you need to go there and just explain all this. You can try to go to the Emergency (La Guardia, entrance from calle Beruti, left side of the building) and talk to a receiptionist there (seriously). It is OK for a foreigner to stop by to see a regular physician this way (there is a fee involved), but you just need to go one step further and find a dermatologist. If you go during regular hours they may have a dermatologist attenting people in polyclinica in the same building. If not, they will give you an appointntment for some other day.

I believe that for anything that is not through the Er you will need an appointment.

nikad said:
I believe that for anything that is not through the Er you will need an appointment.

You can get an immediate appointment in polyclinica by asking about "un doctor de demanda espontánea" or "un clinico", but, perhaps, it is only for people who have their insurance. Still may be with trying.

I went to the Swedish Medical Center had pre-cancer spot removed cost was like 100P Excellent service

Just call the number you've called and schedule an appointment with a doctor from the department of dermatology and when you make the appointment just tell them you'll be paying "en effectivo" (cash or credit card). It's now around 150 pesos to see a coctor.

I understand Hospital Aleman has a very professional dermatology department. I've been using Hospital Aleman for more than 7 years and am very satisfied.

HI,

I see a private dr. perez on Bulnes. He has been helping me with pigmentation problems for four years and offers great service (speaks english) and great value. Let me know if you need his phone number..

Hi, I go to Hospital Aleman and normally I wait in the cue to the right of the main entrance and ask to see a doctor or to make an appointment "un turno". Tell them what it is for and they will refer you to the right area or give you a number that is displayed on a screen in the waiting area when a doctor is free. The piece of paper you are given usually has a door number for eg C4 and your waiting number for example no. 60. You will see this on the screen. Most of the doctors speak English, which makes it easier. Good luck.

I've gone to the A&E entrance on beruti, walked up to the reception and seen a doctor within 10 minutes no problem. I don't have local insurance. I've done it a few times.

Back