Hospital Aleman

nwi314

Registered
Hoping for some information...

Long story short: Before coming to BA, I tore my meniscus in October and had surgery to repair it in the States in the beginning of November. At the end of November we arrived in BA.

Something has gone awry with my knee and need to see a doctor. The closest facility is Hospital Aleman. We have insurance through the US corporation my husband works for, but have not yet received our new insurance card with the international information. That can all be sorted out later. For now, I need to see a doctor, and need some information about how the system works here:

Do you just present yourself to admission or go to the emergency room as you would in the States?

Do all hospitals have English speaking doctors? My Spanish is basic. Hospital Aleman is the closest to our apartment but I would go elsewhere if that's where the English speaking doctors are.

Thanks in advance for your help

Hi there, a lot of them speak English, and you should be able to request one who does.

What you'll need to do first walk in through the double doors on the left (assuming you're entering via the Pueyrredón entrances). As soon as you walk in, there will be a line to the right of you for the cash registers, with a lot of people probably sitting in the chairs to the left. You'll need to go there to pay first. You'll might have to see a "médico clinico" first before being sent to someone else, but to save time/money, you might just ask for a "traumatólogo" first: http://www.hospitala...#especialidades

Thank you Bradly for your response. It was most helpful and appreciated ;)

If you want to be seen immediately by a Doctor you may ask for "demand a espontanea" when you see the Cashier

I do not like this hospital. I know of several bad situations that occurred there. I suggest you try a better hospital such as IADT at Marcelo T de Alvear and Larrea. DOn't go to a hospital or doctor merely because it is the closest.

When I go to a hospital without an appt I ask to see a doctor "consulta sin turno" and the I exaggerate the urgency a bit. "es re re re urgente" haha. Also, I was referred to a doctor that I later found profiled on this site (and several others) as one of the top doctors for sports hernia or hip pathologies/issues. I was really really impressed. This site also has a list of doctors for knees. Here it is:
http://www.ceteatrauma.com.ar/servicio-rodilla.php

I am another fan of the Aleman . I do my annual check up there and feel I get the right treatment when I need it.

I have had a couple of health "incidents" in the past five years and I cant fault the treatment in the emergency room at all.

I do not like this hospital. I know of several bad situations that occurred there. I suggest you try a better hospital such as IADT at Marcelo T de Alvear and Larrea. DOn't go to a hospital or doctor merely because it is the closest.

It might be more credible if you provided more details. I have my insurance at the Aleman and have only wonderful things to say about the care I've received. The one and only thing I do complain about is the cost and the constant price increases, but who doesn't complain about that these days?

It might be more credible if you provided more details. I have my insurance at the Aleman and have only wonderful things to say about the care I've received. The one and only thing I do complain about is the cost and the constant price increases, but who doesn't complain about that these days?

First of all a friend got bed sores at this hospital. I consider that inexcusable. Patients have to be watched and moved to avoid bed sores. Second, she needed cancer treatment that the hospital could not provide. They had to take her in an ambulance to another hospital. The transfers in a stretcher and the ambulance ride were torture for her. She gave up after a few sessions and said "no more"! In my opinion it is much better to belong to a plan that gives you several good hospital options rather than being stuck with one with limited services. While I was visiting my friend I had a chance to see not only her room but to look around and see other rooms and floors. I found the hospital dingy and the rooms unattractive and far below what I know from IADT and Mater Dei. In addition to this friend another friend gave birth to a child in the Hospital Aleman and it went badly. Out of respect for their privacy I will not go into details. Maybe others have had good experiences but I was not impressed and just looking at the condition of the hospital turned me off. While I have never been, I know a doctor who teaches at the Austral Hospital. He says that the facilities are as good as any good hospital in the US. Friends who have been there say that it is impressive.

Back