How to bring in USD Legally to buy property?

I j
Hi Steve, do you remember the exchange company you used ?

Seems to me , companies don't deal in cash now. Though , I will contact banco piano if they can provide cash if I transfer USD from my foreign account.
I just found the business card of the casa de cambio I used in 2006. Their website coud not be found and when I searched the internet I discovered that their ability to operate as a casa de cambio was revoked in 2013.

Shout out to Steve 😭😭😭😭😭😭

His friend saved my reserva from a dishonest realtor. Now I will get it back my money I put for reserva.

Could've been taken advantage of by an Argentine, if it weren't for Steve and his friend.

You should be able to declare the cash as for a purchase of a home at the airport.

The 10k limit is the declaration limit. You can bring more cash as long as it’s declared.

I don’t know if I’d do it. I bought my house in the macri era and sent the usd funds directly to the purchasers banco provincia account.

In addition to paying usd cash.

Another option is crypto currency.

Is the property going to be in both your names? If so, you shouldn't have an issue transferring the money to your GF's account. The bank will likely ask for proof, something like a reserva or Boleto, but as long as you clear it with them beforehand, it should be fine.

If it's going to be in your name only then it might be an issue since you're not married.

When I bought my apartment in 2009, I used a company named Multifinanzas, which is now named Transatlantica Compañia Financiera. They are located downtown in microcenter. They were great. The price for the service was very reasonable, and we also did the closing in a room at their office. The sellers got their cash and I never had to touch it.

I'm in the same situation as original post, I'm looking to buy a $500K property in BA.

The sellers are old persons they don't want to be paid on a US Bank account or cryptos... they only want USD in Argentina.

So as a non resident I got a CDI, opened a Balanz broker account that would have been used to bring $MEP by buying/selling bonds.
I started the process to open a bank account with Banco Galicia to receive the MEP from Balanz.
But today I received a bad news from Banco Galicia, they can't open a USD balance for me as I don't have a DNI 😕

So my question is the following :
As a non resident what are my options to buy this 500K property ?
Can I get a DNI quickly or will it takes months ? Is there a bank that would open USD balance without being resident ?

Thanks in advance for your help 🙏

There is no way to get a DNI quickly. It will take months (possibly more than a year) if you haven't yet started to investigate how.

Look around on this website regarding bringing in US dollars without a bank account. There are several threads on the subject.

I'm in the same situation as original post, I'm looking to buy a $500K property in BA.

The sellers are old persons they don't want to be paid on a US Bank account or cryptos... they only want USD in Argentina.

So as a non resident I got a CDI, opened a Balanz broker account that would have been used to bring $MEP by buying/selling bonds.
I started the process to open a bank account with Banco Galicia to receive the MEP from Balanz.
But today I received a bad news from Banco Galicia, they can't open a USD balance for me as I don't have a DNI 😕

Can I get a DNI quickly or will it takes months ? Is there a bank that would open USD balance without being resident ?

Wait until the elections.You you don't want to buy property in Argenzuela.

You don't need a DNI to buy property. You only need to a tax number which you can get as a normal tourist. (I bought a property the same way)

Normally you can't open a bank account as a non-resident though. However, there are companies specializing in that (see other posts here). Just calculate an additional cost of 2-5%.

Back