How To Buy Cheap Ticket To Australia Or India

peterrosenthorn

Registered
Hola Chicos!!

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or advice on...

Getting to either India or Australia

I'm planning to go to both (possibly around December or January). Either India, then Australia, or Australia then India.

But the prices seem to be pretty high right now.

Does anyone have any ideas or know anything about

1) Travelling via another location first (i.e. are tickets cheaper from say Chile?)
2) Is there a route that seems to be cheaper (i.e. travelling up through the US)
3) Certain Airlines that can do it cheaper (i.e. they might have a base in Peru or something)
4) Will the possible new tax (to stop Argentinians travelling abroad) effect non Argentinians
5) Is it best to buy tickets in cash or something? Is there a way to take advantage of something like that?

These are just some ideas so to speak.

But yeah, I've noticed with a little creativity, tickets can be a lot cheaper. So was wondering if anyone has any ideas??

Thanks

About a week ago I saw a BUE-Delhi-BUE Qatar Airways flight for about U$1700, and if you flied until Jan 31 you'd eran double miles in Oneworld frequent flyer account. That would get you +50k miles, can trade them for a free (just tax for about AR$600) ARG-USA roundtrip ;)

About a week ago I saw a BUE-Delhi-BUE Qatar Airways flight for about U$1700, and if you flied until Jan 31 you'd eran double miles in Oneworld frequent flyer account. That would get you +50k miles, can trade them for a free (just tax for about AR$600) ARG-USA roundtrip ;)

Thanks!! That's really interesting. Do you know if you had to buy through a certain site to get those points??

I'd try to avoid travel agencies unless they make it very clear that you'll get a fare that sums up at least 100% points/miles. Check the ticket class letter and how it sums up points in the different OneWorld programs.

Googling around, first that comes up is this:
Members of Qatar Airways' Privilege Club loyalty programme will receive double Qmiles rewards when flying between 15 November 2013 and 31 January 2014 (until 24 January 2014 for Cathay Pacific), apart from during the holiday peak (20 December 2013 to 5 January 2014), on the airline's new oneworld partners - airberlin, American Airlines, British Airways, Cathay Pacific Airways, Finnair, Iberia, Japan Airlines, LAN, Malaysia Airlines, Qantas, Royal Jordanian, S7 Airlines and around 30 of their affiliated airlines, provided they register first by logging into their account at qmiles.com
http://www.qantas.co...le-points-offer
http://www.oneworld....joins/maximized
http://www.headforpo...ess-class-sale/

Looks like you can get double miles in all OneWorld programs as long you fly Qatar until Jan 31.
Is easy to get the points/miles in, just open a frequent flyer account with the airline you prefer (open it before you travel) then you just have to add the flight number/code and after a couple of weeks you'll have them in your account.

Back