How to cancel CableVision service

jantango

Registered
You would think that it's as easy as making a phone call, but it's not. A month ago I called and was passed to three different representatives. The last one told me to send an email to [email protected] with my client number, name, passport number, address, telephone, and the reason for cancelling. I did that and never received a response.

The end of the month the June bill arrived from CableVision. I resent the email to [email protected] and received information that I had to go to a CableVision office. That's what I did today telling them I requested cancellation a month ago and wouldn't be paying the bill for June. I have to produce a hardcopy of the email I sent last month.

There is no information on the bill nor in the guide about how to cancel service. The guide lists the office addresses.

Then I mentioned that I wanted the cable removed from my apartment wall and the building wall. They don't do that. They only cut the service on the street. No wonder our building is full of old cables from previous clients. I don't have anything that will cut cable. They say that the administrator of the building is the only one who can request old cables be removed. We tried that as well a year ago to no avail.

Service will be discontinued one month from the date of your request at a Cable Vision office. I was offered a 10% discount, then a 25% discount for six months by telephone reps, but I told them no thanks.

I would also like to know how to cancel.... I sent the email like you did and I just got a blank email back.. thanks assholes!

the only way I know to successfully cancel the service is go to their office and do it personally. Be aware that it will take somewhere between 30 and 60 days for the cancel to take effect (depending on what day of the month you advise them) but you will also walk away with a paper from them confirming the cancelation of the service.The will want you to turn in the cable modem but you can do that last day of use. I have found going 60 days before moving to cablevision and setting up the cancelation is what works best.

good luck :)

When it comes to cancelling service in Argentina -- any service -- do not send emails, do not make phonecalls -- unless you want to continue being billed.

You must go into the offices to cancel service. If you have a cable box or modem, you must take it with you. Otherwise you can pretty much guarantee that you will continue to be charged long after you thought you had cancelled.

If your Spanish is ok, you must know that every service can be canceled in the same way you hired it. So if you hired Cablevision over the phone, they have to cancel it over the phone.

I did it a few months ago no problems. This is included in the new Consumer´s Defense law. Mention it and they should give you the corresponding cancellation number.

I never had a problem cancelling my Fibertel service via email. I actually found it convenient, although they did call me a few days before the service was about to get cut off to offer me some deals etc. Here's a hint. If you cancel via email. You should receive an email reply asking you to confirm. If you don't receive one, you should resend the email and call to confirm they received it.

Hello
This is what we did to cancel Cablevisiòn, it was my husband`s idea, first we sent them a certified letter telling them to cancel the service as we no longer were going to pay for that service, it took a time and as the company didn`t do anything and we went on receiving the bills, we picked up the phone called Visa and said we didn`t want Cablevisiòn anymore and that was the end. I went many times and they just didn`t care and getting rid of the service was a never ending job. Hope this helps!
regards
Reina

Back