How to exchange pesos into USD?

BABritta

Registered
Dear BAExpats,
as quite common I have to pay my rent in USD. Today I spent most of my day running from banks to currency exchanges trying to get the respective amount changed from pesos into USD. Impossible. The ATMs do not dispurse USD which is no problem with my home bank, even if the banks here tell me so. The banks do not exchange pesos, and the currency exchanges require a receipt that I have at some point in time exchanged USD to pesos. Which I haven't as I got all my cash from the ATMs. Is there any other way to get USD??
Thanks in advance for your help.

BABritta said:
Dear BAExpats,
as quite common I have to pay my rent in USD. Today I spent most of my day running from banks to currency exchanges trying to get the respective amount changed from pesos into USD. Impossible. The ATMs do not dispurse USD which is no problem with my home bank, even if the banks here tell me so. The banks do not exchange pesos, and the currency exchanges require a receipt that I have at some point in time exchanged USD to pesos. Which I haven't as I got all my cash from the ATMs. Is there any other way to get USD??

You do get a receipt from the ATM when you withdraw cash, no? While I've not done it myself, supposedly this is good enough. In most cases, you also have to have a valid tourist visa.

Use the search function. There are tons of threads about this very topic. Good luck.

BABritta said:
Dear BAExpats,

What exchange rate are you willing to pay?

There's always a way.

I don't think this route is going to work out for you. You'll just have to pay in pesos.

I can help if you are willing to raise the exchange rate. Let me know.

Back