How To Get A Work Permit For Freelance Activities?

frebnn

Registered
Hi,
Does anyone know or has experience with how to get a work permit for freelance activities?
I used to work as a freelance recruitment consultant in The Netherlands, and wondering what i need to do if i would like to do this kind of work in Argentina as well. Hope you have useful advice for me!
Thanks very much for your help!
Frederique

Of you are here legally, ie not as a tourist, you can go to AFIP and get a cuit number and enroll as monotributista. That way you will be legally entitled to freelance.

Hi,

but for the monotributista, a DNI is needed. The problem is, how to get a DNI as a freelancer? I did not find any solution for that. You can get a DNI by starting a business, but as I know that means to invest money and to employ people, right?
If anybody knows something else about that issue, let me know!
Greetings,
Julia

There are no easy options to become a legal freelancer that I know of. You can work as a freelancer if you have a student visa, a work visa or a rentista visa (a visa for people able to prove they have a stable, passive income). Otherwise you'll need to set up a company, marry or reproduce.

In order to get a DNI you must have temporary or permanent residency granted by migraciones. This includes the estudiante, rentista (financero), pensionado, and inversionista visas (among others). The inversionista visa requires a huge investment as well as hiring "locals" and the rentista visa requires a stable source of foreign income of $8000 pesos per month. The estudiante visa requires full time enrollment in an approved university and the pensionado visa requires income from a verifiable pension.

You can actually get a CUIT as soon as residencia precaria is granted and you are still waiting for the DNI.

More info is available here: http://www.migracion...cion_temporaria

In order to get permanent residency you must have a temporary visa for three years. The student (and perhaps investor) visa cannot become permanent on the third renewal. You could also marry someone who already has permanent residency or citizenship or become the parent of a child born in Argentina.

The easiest thing is to get a friend who is registered (or prepared to register) to employ foreigners to give you a job and then convert to monotributista.

What type of freelance activity are you looking to do?

What type of freelance activity are you looking to do?

Hi nikad,
I don´t know if you ask me or Frederique who opened this thread. I am doing a small Online-Marketing Business (together with my husband) and write for Blogs and other websites. We have been living in BA for 2 years on a tourist visa, and then we moved back to Europe (Germany) about one year ago, as we could not see any perspective for us. But I must say, that we feel a bit like homesick, we would think about coming back if there was a chance to get a legal visa. But at the moment I can not see that.

Does anybody know if the 8.000 monthly income are also required for the pensionado? There is nothing about that on the site of micraciones.
Thank you all for your helpful answers!

Julia

Does anybody know if the 8.000 monthly income are also required for the pensionado? There is nothing about that on the site of micraciones

There is no published minimum for the pensionado visa, but if it is significantly below $8000 pesos per month the visa will not be granted.

At this time an individual receiving Social Security benefits in the amount of $1200 USD per month would probably not get a visa as the peso income would be calculated at the official exchange rate. If and when the official rate goes up to 7 pesos to the dollar, this amount would be sufficient...at least until the monthly income requirement for the visa rentista is raised again (last time it more than tripled).

Potential residents should keep in mind that the greater their income in pesos, the higher rate of taxes they may be subject to in Argentina...even if their dollar income remains the same. A devaluation would increase their purchasing power in Argentina but it may also increase their tax liability.

Back