How To Make The Bed Super Comfortable?

Ceviche

Registered
Bed is somewhere we spend 1/3rd of our lives so its well worth to talk about it.

Other than a great mattress -

What kind of investments are you guys making to make your beds super-comfy? ( Nothing like a great nights sleep, Right?)

In my frequent travels across the globe, i generally stay in hotels like Westin, Raffles, Mandarin etc which have such super comfy beds.

However, I have no idea how to make my own bed so comfortable other than investing in the best possible mattress?

I do have a great mattress/pillow though, but I am looking for extra things to buy in BA, to make the bed more comfy and get the hotel experience.

Top quality mite proof bed sheets (Egyptian Cotton/Malaouf/Matouk?) (500 threads?), silky pillow cases? summer temperature down comforter? feather bed/mattress pad? Satin?

Visually?

to allure all senses!

What has worked for you?

Looking for specefic suggestions other than Arredo.

Thanks

We brought down from USA I can't remember the correct word, it's a down mattress the goes on top of your mattress. We ordered from Garnet Hill. We also bought one at Ikea. Very popular in the Scandinavian countries. Makes our bed SUPER comfortable in winter and summer. You have a firm mattress and then the down one on top.molds to your body. Also a light weight down comforter in a duvet.
N

Agree with the above about a topper for the mattress.
High quality sheets, soft, preferably organic. Make sure they fit your mattress perfectly if you bring them from outside Argentina.
Key is the pillow...firm core, surrounded by down. Nordstrom in the US has some good ones.
Try sleepsherpa.com for great recs and some discounts as well.

i think i know what you need
1e5a3c.jpg

We bought a new bed and mattress a few years ago I forget the mattress brand but it's one of the locally produced ones which has a good reputation and I have to say it's served us well. We go to bed around 10.30pm to relax and watch downloaded UK TV...usually crime dramas for two or three hours. At this time of year we have the air conditioning on to get the room down to a comfortable temperature then turn it off when we go to sleep and put the ceiling fan on if it's been a hot day.
As for bedding a cotton sheet is all I need in summer but my wife keeps a rolled down blanket at the bottom of the bed should she need it. As the weather cools down we add blankets as and when needed, A medium weight goose down duvet when winter is at its coldest.

I personally think that pillow quality matters more than anything. Only UK bought goose down pillows will do for me.

UK MAN.... Scottish detective series?

You should post them here so all these people can learn to speak properly.....

UK MAN.... Scottish detective series?

You should post them here so all these people can learn to speak properly.....

Taggart? Gosh that was a long time ago. Even I had a job understanding him. :D
Currently watching Endeavour which is very watchable. I didn't know it existed until last week so got lots to watch.

Back