How to pay the fine for overstaying your visa

Liam3494

Registered
Question... Unfortunately, despite my best efforts, I overstayed my 90 days tourist visa last November by miscalculation (my own stupidity), and next week I return home. I know I have to pay the AR$300 overstay fine, but my question is, how do I pay it.

Do I have to pay it somewhere at the airport (EZE) BEFORE I check in, or when I check in do they do some paperwork, then send me to pay it somewhere, before returning to check-in to get my boarding card etc... I'm trying to work out how much extra time I need to give myself. I'm sure there are a few on here who have had to go through this in recent times - Thanks.

At checkin they will probably notice and tell you to go pay it, just go to the immigration counter at eze.. just allow up to 1/2 an hour extra on your airport time..

they may not necessarily notice it or mention it to you. this happened to me. I would allow an extra half hour or so, depending how busy the airport is and time of day. after checking your bags I would just ask them where to go to pay the fee. its on the ground floor way in the back behind everything. you will have to go and get a paper, then go to pay at a certain bank (in the airport) and I think you have to pay in cash. then you take the paid slip back to the little office and they stamp or sign, and then your free to go.

and by the way, make sure you pay the fine BEFORE you go through any security

Hi!

GReat information. Thank you so much.

Question - if you have to go to the certain bank in the airport, how can I find out what time that bank shuts?

My flight leaves late, at 9.30pm out of BA...so I am wondering if I have to actually go to the airport to do all this, hours before, in case the bank is closed..?!

Thanks!
J
nona said:
they may not necessarily notice it or mention it to you. this happened to me. I would allow an extra half hour or so, depending how busy the airport is and time of day. after checking your bags I would just ask them where to go to pay the fee. its on the ground floor way in the back behind everything. you will have to go and get a paper, then go to pay at a certain bank (in the airport) and I think you have to pay in cash. then you take the paid slip back to the little office and they stamp or sign, and then your free to go.

Back