How to travel to Buenos Aires from interior for flight?

Fiscal

Registered
If you have a flight leaving Argentina from EZE, but are not in BA, how do you travel to BA? Tienda Leon is not operating I assume?

No scheduled buses, flights or change between ROS and BUE at this time. Only option would be to hire a car (if there are any open, which I doubt) or get a remise. It is an easy 3-3,5 hour drive in a straight line down a good piece of highway, I have done it a lot in normal times just avoid rush hours especially now with all the additional checks. In general a lot of people from Rosario and surrounds drive to fly out of AEP or EZE anyway so remise drivers will not think it too strange a journey.

You will need the emergency permit to circulate. Imagine there will be a stricter check than usual at the provincial border.

There are now a handful of special flights being operated by AR a few times a month from some other provinces at the moment (Chaco, Rio Negro, Chubut and TDF I think)

Message from the US Embassy to frequently asked questions during COVID-19 response

Can I Travel by Land within Argentina?

· No. Per the Argentine government domestic travel within Argentina has been suspended.

Message from the US Embassy to frequently asked questions during COVID-19 response

Can I Travel by Land within Argentina?

· No. Per the Argentine government domestic travel within Argentina has been suspended.
you are allowed to travel to EZE if you have a ticket and the proper paperwork.

Usually there are fleeting "microbuses" from different parts of the nation that connect to repatriation flights, if it's BA contact British Embassy In Buenos Aires and they might be aware of the procedure.

If you have a flight leaving Argentina from EZE, but are not in BA, how do you travel to BA? Tienda Leon is not operating I assume?
Overland Travel Itinerary:
For U.S. citizens traveling from the provinces to Buenos Aires by ground transportation/overland or travelers in the Greater Buenos Aires Metropolitan Area departing for Ministro Pistarini (Ezeiza) International Airport, the Government of Argentina is requesting the following information, which the Embassy MUST receive sixty (60) hours prior to your initiation of travel in order to allow the Argentine Government sufficient time to process your request.

• Make and model of vehicle
  • License plate number
  • Name of driver
  • Name and passport number of each passenger
  • Place of origin (city and province or neighborhood in the City of Buenos Aires)
  • Route to Buenos Aires (if traveling from the provinces)
  • Hotel Reservation in Buenos Aires (if traveling from the provinces)
  • Destination (Ezeiza)
  • Confirmed flight details

U.S. citizens should send this information immediately to [email protected]. The subject line of your e-mail should read “Overland Travel Itinerary.” With that information, the Embassy will produce a letter for you to carry with you or display on your mobile device to present to authorities in addition to the other letters referenced above.

Use the above documents to explain your purpose of travel to the checkpoint authorities. If you are unsuccessful in transiting through the checkpoint, call the Embassy’s emergency phone line listed on the Embassy Letter while you are still at the checkpoint.

While the Embassy cannot endorse any specific company to reach Buenos Aires, several private transportation options remain available for overland travel, including:

• Remises Universal; +54 011 4991-5146
  • Travel Line; +54 011 6038-5785
  • Aires Argentinos; +54 011 4413-8400 and +54 011 6671-3711
  • Limay Travel (Bariloche); +54-9-294-469-7475.

Because of checkpoints, travelers should plan for additional travel time. U.S. citizens attempting to leave Argentina must arrange their own domestic travel and should plan it during daytime hours. You should carry a copy of your confirmed flight itinerary with you to show your intent to depart the country. To avoid unnecessary delays, you should NOT circulate on Argentine roads and attempt to reach Buenos Aires Ministro Pistarini International Airport (Ezeiza) at night. Each province has its own regulations regarding COVID-19 when carrying out inspections at provincial borders, and nighttime clearance at such checkpoints cannot be guaranteed.

If a friend or family member will be taking you to the airport, or you are working with a private driver, they may be required to apply online for the “Solicitud de Certificado Único Habilitante de Circulación.” For more information or to apply, visit https://www.argentina.gob.ar/solicitar-certificado-unico-habilitante-para-circulacion-emergencia-covid-19. Foreign nationals departing Argentina, including U.S. citizens, do not need this document and need only the documents referenced above.

Back