The situation is awful. I think a lot will depend on whether the IMF approves a loan in which case the CEPO must be dropped and I should think the peso would be more like 2,000 to the dollar
The situation is awful. I think a lot will depend on whether the IMF approves a loan in which case the CEPO must be dropped and I should think the peso would be more like 2,000 to the dollar
The situation is awful. I think a lot will depend on whether the IMF approves a loan in which case the CEPO must be dropped and I should think the peso would be more like 2,000 to the dollar
The IMF condition is just a fact. Take away the CEPO and the dollar has to rise. Just how much is a guess but everyone knows the peso is seriously overvalued. The question is whether the IMF will grant the loan (it will be up to Trump) or just how long Argentina's Leader can hold out maintaining the CEPO (probably until after the October elections if there is no IMF money before then). "Wishful thinking" implies a pipe dream. In Argentina few things last very long but the current situation for anyone dependent on dollars is admittedly a nightmare. If it goes on much beyond October I think many more expats will be leaving for good.
Not necessarily. Expensas in gated communities pay for security, lawncare, pool maintenance, etc. They do not cover your house repair costs. In the event of a severe economic downturn the coalition of homeowners could theoretically disband or suspend the association and go on living as an open neighborhood. A tower on the other hand requires every owner shoulder it's repair costs or the structural support of your house could be compromised. Imagine a unit above yours leaking into your unit because they failed to maintain their radiator valves? Imagine the building façade crumbling onto your balcony? Imagine the majority of the units for sale because they can't afford the expensas? Are you going to personally pay for the elevator certification? The intercomm malfunction?