How's The Real Estate Market In Buenos Aires???

Spfly731

Registered
Hi to all my expats…I haven't posted in a while, I will be headed back to Buenos Aires in a week or so. 31 years ago I bought a place in recoleta - I have a great apt and love it dearly, but am finally thinking MAYBE sell??? Would love to hear any input!!! Let me have it, I know I'll get the truth out of this group.

Not a good time to sell, no buyers with dollars in hand for the real market value. Although in the future may be worse- :eek:

It might be a good time to sell if you can find a foreign buyer who has dollars and can and they can pay you outside of Argentina. Recoleta has always appealed to foreigners. I lived there for three years and, if I had to live in an apartment in BA (again), Recoleta would still be my first choice.

If you send me a PM with a regular email address I'll be happy to send you contact details of an independent real estate agent I highly recommend.

would anyone recommend renting either long term or temporary and holding onto the property?

If the place is decent and your rent is reasonable, there's a virtual certainty you can rent it to someone right here on these forums. Steve's place went so fast it caused a local vacuum.

Not a good time to sell, no buyers with dollars in hand for the real market value. Although in the future may be worse- :eek:

Sorry brother. You have gotten some bad advice. That is 100% incorrect (except the future may be worse part)

Sorry brother. You have gotten some bad advice. That is 100% incorrect (except the future may be worse part)

Please explain to Spfly731 the advantages &opportunities of selling Now :cool:

http://www.infobae.com/2013/01/31/694305-en-2013-el-mercado-inmobiliario-sigue-caida-y-renuente-la-pesificacion

2 bedrooms 1 1/2 bath, 110 sq mt. totally redone 2 years ago, stainless appliances, washer and dryer, (no dishwasher) - beautifully furnished. Located 2 blocks from 9 de Julio, 1 block from Avenida Santa Fe and 1 block from Plaza Vicente Lopez. That's not exact, but something like that.

Back