Hugging And Kissing

It would be interesting to hear the most unusual / oddest greeting kisses people have had --

I was only here for three weeks and I was already kissing the plumber ... following my wifes instructions , I should add

lol, Yeah but that was a threesome your mrs had been fantasising about for years.

I was kissed by a male boyfriend of my wifes best friend when I first met him. Still havent recovered after 10 years.

But there's a difference between just swiftly touching each other's cheeks and giving someone an actual kiss, no matter how small, right? I mean among men, in the culture there. Someone told me that once when I made an awkward attempt to copy this tano-style behaviour, in a naive attempt to show the extent of my cultural assimilation. I did often kiss unknown women in case they initiated it

post_online.png
mc kenna

Posted 24 September 2014 - 06:21 PM

Veteran
  • LocationChivilcoy

OK here it is
Mc Kenna's kissing rules

There will be No public kissing (male or female)
Only those females related ( family members) get a kiss
1 for xmas,1 for new years,1 for her birthday 1 for mothers day(if they are mothers)
Males members of the family ,no kiss ,ever you only get a kiss on the forehead when you die
Males family members and others, hand shake (firm)
Kids (related females) kiss everytime until the age of 8 ,after that a quick caress of their hair all others are sol
Kids (related males) kiss eveytime until the age of 8,after that a hand shake less firm than an adult ,all others hand shake or quick arm restle
Unknown females adult hand shake
Unknown males adult firm hand shake ( hurt them a little) ;)
I hope i made myself clear so don't come kissy kissy if you ever meet me
How ever i must confess i do kiss my dog every night :p

This is cute. I'm Latin American so I do the kissing thing. It took me a while to get used to two kisses in Spain, and then it took me another while to get used to one (I used it as an excuse to kiss people I liked one more time!) Men don't kiss men back home though. I think it's nice that they do that here. I often wonder how non-Hispanic immigrants feel about being kissed. To spare them of the weirdness, I sometimes "forget" to kiss. I've noticed that most of the time I'm the one doing the kissing while the other person just slams his/her face in mine. If you're not going to put effort into it, then don't do it. No one will get mad if you don't. I also hardly ever kiss with my immediate family. I don't know why.

Most awkward kiss: Even with years of experience behind me, I once bended over to greet a friend who was sitting on a desk. I got my face nice and close and was saying goodbye and she was busy on the computer. It didn't seem like she would do the kiss soon so I went for it. At the same exact time she did so too, and we kissed on the lips! She laughed nervously. There are some people who kiss too close to the mouth and I've never really thought of it as weird, but this totally was.

Hugging: Only for super close people or someone you have not seen in forever. The hugs should be minimum. For realz.

I used to plant actual kisses, but now I just touch cheeks and kiss the air. I almost never initiate, unless it's family or someone I really know.

I accidentally kissed my brother in law on the corner of the mouth once. Nobody said anything, but that was awkward.
My husband once had a male university classmate grab his hand and kiss it while saying goodbye. Apparently not unheard of, but my Argentine husband wasn't sure what to think.

Back