Hypothetical question...

BlahBlah said:
It's also illegal to ask about it on internet, atleast in a first world country

So it won't be a problem until Argentina becomes a first wold country, will it?

Perhaps BlahBlah can actually cite the law that prohibits paying for Argentine property via bank to bank transfer outside of Argentina.

I believe stanexpat received the proceeds for the sale of his property this way and I have read that this is an acceptable (legal) form of payment on several sites by "developers" offering properties for sale in Argentina.

Much to my surprise, I was asked no questions regarding how I paid for the apartment I bought in 2006 when I sold it last month (but then I do have a DNI).

Thanks for the input. Everything is subject to who you speak with, what "mood" they are in on a given day, etc. You ask one question and get five different answers.

Blah Blah Blah:

As I stated repeatedly: It was just a question. You provided no valuable input except to proclaim it was illegal.

Let me explain something: Legality in Argentina means nothing.

Last time I checked, it was illegal to:

1. Steal private pension funds to pay for votes.
2. Confiscate money from your province as Governor and "safeguard" it outside of the country for it to disappear and never accounted for again.
3. Illegal for the Central Bank to control limits of money extractions by foreigners taking out their own money.
4. Illegal to charge foreigners three times the price for a domestic flight and often hotels.
5. Illegal to charge foreigners a higher price for tickets such as the Teatro Colon (which will NEVER reopen)
6. Illegal for the police to standby as you are being robbed and do nothing even when asking for assistance.
7. Illegal for people to leave dog s@%$ on the streets and not clean it up. There were over 2500 multas (fines) issued to these people and NOT one paid and no follow-up.
8. Illegal for real estate agents to lie about properties and not fully explaining to foreigners the difficulties and procedures they may have when selling said apartment.
9. Illegal for electric and gas companies to backcharge you for bills that you already paid as they decide to raise prices and "penalize" you for something you already paid for.

The point is....I am really not the least concerned about ethics in an unethical society.

4. Illegal to charge foreigners three times the price for a domestic flight and often hotels.

This one has been done to death. There's a law that states that airline companies have to offer residents reduced rates. If you get a DNI you get the reduced rate. So far from being illegal, its a legal requirement for airlines to offer cheap rates to residents. You pay the non-resident rate.

You need to understand the law a bit better before criticising it. And even then its no excuse to break the law, simply because you feel the state sets a bad example.

Reactions: RWS
BlahBlah said:
It's also illegal to ask about it on internet, atleast in a first world country
I had my DVD stolen by the police!! Why even bother to discuss legalities in this country...

We were broken into, but my husband chased the intruder away before he got into the main part of the house (he only got into a locked empty room). The police came and did a thorough check of the whole house. Then we found the dvd player was gone...

Celia-
Sorry about that. I guess I should have put another listing on my post that said:

Last time I checked, it was illegal for immigrations authorities to want bribes, steal from suitcases upon arrival. This was all filmed a year or two ago at Ezeiza by a local news station. It caused uproar. The guilty parties were put on leave and then, the other employees they worked with (guilty or not) when on a bandwagon in their favor. They were all reinstated....no penalties whatsoever. Proves my point....there is no justice in an unjust society. In my opinion, the country is rotten to the core.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MorganF Expat Life 9
Montauk_Project Expat Life 9
Back