I am dubious but Xoom specifically claims US dollars

Superwuster

Registered
Xoom claims it will allow pickup of US dollars, from BBVA Banco Franco, for an extra fee, using this language:

Cash Pickup in U.S. Dollars
Service Fee: $26.50

BBVA Banco Frances - U.S. Dollars
BBVA Banco Frances branches are open Monday - Friday from 8:00am - 1:00pm or 10:00am - 3:00pm, depending on the branch.
231 Locations

I feel quite dubious; I called customer service who said yes, but what do they know about Argentine currency regulations.

Anyone think it is worth going forward, or is it just a pipe dream?

I had a friend who went to BBVA and was unable to complete pickup of money due to lack of bank account or DNI. The exchange rate at the bank would have been at the official rate and not the Blue Dollar rate.
It doesn't matter what XOOM website says, you are not going to get Dollars in Argentina at the present time.

Superwuster said:
Xoom claims it will allow pickup of US dollars, from BBVA Banco Franco, for an extra fee, using this language:

Cash Pickup in U.S. Dollars
Service Fee: $26.50

BBVA Banco Frances - U.S. Dollars
BBVA Banco Frances branches are open Monday - Friday from 8:00am - 1:00pm or 10:00am - 3:00pm, depending on the branch.
231 Locations

I feel quite dubious; I called customer service who said yes, but what do they know about Argentine currency regulations.

Anyone think it is worth going forward, or is it just a pipe dream?
I don't mean to be unfriendly, but did you read ANY of the previous posts about this subject? Why start a new thread asking a question that has already been answered more than once?

Back