'I hate' the U.S., Maradona tells Chavez

I would think Mr Maradonna would be a fan of Bolivia or Columbia given his drug of choice. I always find it amusing when people (in any country including the US) give an audience to ex athlete, ex drug addicts as the source of political, philisophical or other information.

"tangobob" said:
I might be mistaken but apart from the dead people Evita and Guevera isn't Maradona the worldwide best known Argentinian out there?
You forgot Juan Fangio, and Carlos Gardel ( I know he isn't but everyone thinks he is Argentine)
Eva and Ché are more well known
But I would think that Dr. René Gerónimo Favaloro should be the most well known, but we all know how he ended.
If you want a sports role model for your kids it should be Billardo or Redondo, but hey we are in Argentina, a country where nothing is as it should be

"Granadaiscool" said:
I might be mistaken but apart from the dead people Evita and Guevera isn't Maradona the worldwide best known Argentinian out there?
You forgot Juan Fangio, and Carlos Gardel ( I know he isn't but everyone thinks he is Argentine)

But I would think that Dr. René Gerónimo Favaloro should be the most well known, but we all know how he ended.
If you want a sports role model for your kids it should be Billardo or Redondo, but hey we are in Argentina, a country where nothing is as it should be
I want to thank Granadaisnotcool for once again showing that he has no knowledge whatsoever when it comes to Argentina, its customs and now its sports role models. Bilardo? jajajaj you have to be kidding me.

The only Argentine I hear about in North America is Angel Cabrera, who plays golf and recently won the U.S. Open. He's a very popular player and has a habit of smoking during play.

"Granadaiscool" said:
I think you are dead right, except to be truthfull we do not all know how he ended. Sad but true, I had never heard of him, until I checked this out on Wikipedia, and I suspect I am not alone.

"TatanBsAs" said:

I pick a succesfull soccer player, coach and doctor any day and twice on sunday over an addict, hooker or a terrorist.
But hey who am I if Argentina is such succesfull country

I want to thank Granadaisnotcool for once again showing that he has no knowledge whatsoever when it comes to Argentina, its customs and now its sports role models. Bilardo? jajajaj you have to be kidding me.

"tangobob" said:
I think you are dead right, except to be truthfull we do not all know how he ended. Sad but true, I had never heard of him, until I checked this out on Wikipedia, and I suspect I am not alone.

You would think you had never heard about him if he was American? Or that he would have left alone like he was by the US?

"Granadaiscool" said:

You would think you had never heard about him if he was American? Or that he would have left alone like he was by the US?
Again you are right, Americans invented the internet? No it was the Swiss

Americans invented the diesel (oil burning engine) ?Sorry british invention
How about the Hoover? ( I hate that, it is a vcuum cleaner) Welsh invention
Computor? British again
Don't get me wrong some great things have come from the states including the transistor, without which the computor would not be what it is today. All I ask is some credit for the rest of the world.

"tangobob" said:
Don't get me wrong some great things have come from the states including the transistor, without which the computor would not be what it is today. All I ask is some credit for the rest of the world.
You got that right, pal: both the Big Mac and Coca-Cola are American inventions and a major contribution to civilisation.
Maradona is a spoiled, narcissistic brat and with friends like him and Chavez, the Left hardly needs any enemies. Personality politics, based on personal charisma, is the bane of Latin America. There is much to criticise in US foreign and domestic policy but childish comments on "hating the US," and comparing Bush to Satan (Chavez) serve no purpose.

Back