I miss prepared foods

Liveinbaa

Registered
Having just returned from the US, I realized how much I miss prepared food, no matter how overpriced it may be. Can anyone recommend a shop in BA that has really exceptional prepared pastas, salads, etc? I live in Hollywood, but would travel if it was a really exceptional place.

Bubi, at Dorrego 1825, has some hot prepared meals at lunch time that are pretty good. Often pasta. They also have the best hams, salami's and other sliced meats. If you're in Recoleta, there's a place on Junin just past Pacheco de Melo that has a wide range of prepared foods. Pasta, salads, cazuelas, different meats. I wouldn't call it world class, but most of their food is very good. Open until about 3 PM.

There is a vegetarian canteen called Los Sabios (Corrientes and bulnes I think). Its a buffet style place but a lot of people take out. They have a pretty good salad bar, another area with more Argentine, style veggie options and then a selection of veggie chinese food. Its nothing fancy but pretty good for every day. They charge by the weight

Look for a rotiseria.They prepare food on a daily basis with the menu always changing.

Liveinbaa said:
Having just returned from the US, I realized how much I miss prepared food, no matter how overpriced it may be. Can anyone recommend a shop in BA that has really exceptional prepared pastas, salads, etc? I live in Hollywood, but would travel if it was a really exceptional place.

Hollywood? I thought you were in BA? Anyway, check Jumbo supermarket, they have a whole section of prepared food, and they also sell it online through their website.

Not that awfully far from you-

Lo de las Chicas- these two women make homemade dinners every night, to go. Not a restaurant, only take out- but family style meats, casseroles, vegetables, chicken, meat, and desserts, all freshly cooked and ready to take home and eat. Cheap, easy, and just like your Porteno grandmother would make, if you had one.

Its on Guise, I am pretty sure, just a couple of doors down from Charcas, a block from Coronel Diaz.

Liveinbaa said:

You never learned how to pepare your own meals?

Well, that's unfortunate.

It's never too late.

And it isn't that difficult, but it entails more than opening a can or programming a microwave.

I prepare all of my own meals. I'm listening to the tapa de asado sizzle (on my stovetop parilla) at this very moment...and it was damn near effortless. :D

I love peparing my own salads, salsa, potato salad, pasta sauce, etc.

Perhaps you don't have as much "free time" to do this, but I consider the time I spend nourishing my body far more important than the time spent generating the income necessary to clothe it.

Perhaps that explains why I love Goodwill and Salvation Army Red Shield Stores as much as I do. :p

steveinbsas said:
Perhaps you don't have as much "free time" to do this, but I consider the time I spend nourishing my body far more important than the time spent generating the income necessary to clothe it.

Perhaps that explains why I love Goodwill and Salvation Army Red Shield Stores as much as I do. :p

Perhaps that extra income could have done you some good when it came to paying for a haircut ;-)

jk jk...jk Steve, don't rip into me, i know your vicious. ;-)

gsi16386 said:
Perhaps that extra income could have done you some good when it came to paying for a haircut ;-)

jk jk...jk Steve, don't rip into me, i know your vicious. ;-)

Hahahaha.

I don't think I'm vicious. The few of us who live in realville aren't vicious..just honest.

And why would I want a haircut unless I am dating some doctor's daughter in Bloomington Illinois in 1970 (the last time anyone asked me when I was going to get a haircut.)..and you should have seen it then. :p

Just be thankful you aren't some daddy's little rich girl trying to explain why your boyfriend thinks a doctor who is also her father driving a red Mercedes sedan in 1970 looks rediculous..evenj when we made out in the back seat while waitng for our pizza to go...(at the time and still pehaps the worlds most popular "prepared" food).

Back