Anyone missed the police visit for the certificado de domicilio?

darksider415

Registered
It's pretty much self-explanatory. I'm not completely sure I missed it yet, because I filed the request at my local comisaría on Friday, but does anyone know if they'll come back around and retry, if they miss you the first time?

I just took one of my utility bills to the police station. Never had a followup visit.

Hi @darksider415

Did you manage to receive a visit from the police and obtain your certificate?

I saw a page that says when you don't have DNI, if you want to get a domicilia certificate, now you need to have two witnesses to bring with you and follow this route: https://buenosaires.gob.ar/tramites/certificado-de-domicilio-para-extranjeros-sin-dni

I was wondering if this is just a new alternative way of obtaining it, or if you can still just go to the police station and expect their visit. Hope you managed to sort it out easily.

We ended up going back to the police with the envelope my FBI records came in and our marriage certificate from here, and they issued it on the spot for both of us.

The correct answer is, it’s Argentina and depending on who you talk to, when you talk to them, the answer changes. So, if you’re in comuna 2, you can go to the police without issue. Other barrios, probably a different answer. A friend of mine who lives in Once had to go with two witnesses to get hers from the police station.

Hi @darksider415

Did you manage to receive a visit from the police and obtain your certificate?

I saw a page that says when you don't have DNI, if you want to get a domicilia certificate, now you need to have two witnesses to bring with you and follow this route: https://buenosaires.gob.ar/tramites/certificado-de-domicilio-para-extranjeros-sin-dni

I was wondering if this is just a new alternative way of obtaining it, or if you can still just go to the police station and expect their visit. Hope you managed to sort it out easily.
It is useless. Nobody recognize it. Ask for survival certificate that is the same with less requirements.

Thanks for your answer and the details, and glad that you sorted it out at least @darksider415

It is useless. Nobody recognize it. Ask for survival certificate that is the same with less requirements.
Definitely good to know that's not a useful document, thank you @Bajo_cero2

Is this called "certificado de supervivencia"? To be honest, just trying to obtain a proof of address document with only a passport (no dni) and no other documents (bills, letters etc) to give to migraciones.

For anyone else who may need the info, this was a Certificado de Domicilio experience from CABA recently - ymmv depending on the location I guess:

At the police station, they just give you a simple form, you fill it in with your info. They say they would be visiting the following week.

When the police visit, they do not ring the bell or anything. They ask the building manager to confirm you live there and sign the exact form you filled in at the station and leave it by the entrance.

For anyone else who may need the info, this was a Certificado de Domicilio experience from CABA recently - ymmv depending on the location I guess:

At the police station, they just give you a simple form, you fill it in with your info. They say they would be visiting the following week.

When the police visit, they do not ring the bell or anything. They ask the building manager to confirm you live there and sign the exact form you filled in at the station and leave it by the entrance.
It’s YMMV depending on the comissária and the mood of the officer at the desk, not just the Ciudad.

Some talk to the building manager, some issue it on the spot, some say you’ll need witnesses, some say they’ll come by and ring your buzzer. It’s literally a crapshoot depending on their mood on that day. That said, it’s part of the spice living in Argentina. 😁

Back