I need a virtual US phone number to receive sms messages here in Argentina

It's called "USB security Key". Go to Security Center and look for it. It's pretty easy to set up.

Since you seem to have all the info down, Any suggestions on how to download the B of A app to a Argie Movistar cell phone? It was suggested to open a new US Google Account , other ideas.
Thanks.

Since you seem to have all the info down, Any suggestions on how to download the B of A app to a Argie Movistar cell phone? It was suggested to open a new US Google Account , other ideas.
Thanks.
Go to playstore and change your home country to Argentina. You are able to do that only once a year. If you have changed your country in the last 12 months, your only options are either create a new gmail or download the APP while you are in the US.

Thanks.
(I am not responsible for anything)

Follow links on BoA website to get to the official app page on the Google Play.

I tried calling Capital One today and there is nothing they could do to change verification from sms to anything else (e-mait, cap one app, etc) It depends on the merchant, got 2k plane ticket purchased approved instantly and a 22 dollar train ticket from Barcelona refused, needing to send me a code, go figure. Anybody knows if Capital One would use MySudo for messaging?
My T-Mobile service stopped so can't get texts. But Capital One has the option of signing into their app to verify that yes that's me on my tablet. Only seems to be an issue with using a VPN.

Go to playstore and change your home country to Argentina. You are able to do that only once a year. If you have changed your country in the last 12 months, your only options are either create a new gmail or download the APP while you are in the US.
Even better create a new Google account with Arg (or wherever) set as the home country. You can seamlessly change between your accounts within the app store (go to search and just change the account back and forth) then you will have access to the entire Arg market. Apps downloaded to the same phone from each market will work on the same phone despite which account you have active in the play store.

Even better create a new Google account with Arg (or wherever) set as the home country. You can seamlessly change between your accounts within the app store (go to search and just change the account back and forth) then you will have access to the entire Arg market. Apps downloaded to the same phone from each market will work on the same phone despite which account you have active in the play store.
Can confirm this works, I have Google Play and Apple ID for Argentina, USA, and Canada and use apps from all 3 countries that are restricted to each respective store.

Can confirm this works, I have Google Play and Apple ID for Argentina, USA, and Canada and use apps from all 3 countries that are restricted to each respective store.
With Apple, you can't switch accounts after you subscribe to certain Apple services. In our case it's Apple Music (with family sharing, so anyone I share with is stuck forever in the same Itunes store as me :) ). There are probably other services that restrict you similarly. Otherwise it's a good strategy, it worked for me until I subscribed to the music service. No idea how it is for Google.

As far as the orginal topic of the thread is concerned, I finally got a 2nd mobile phone, a SIM from my home country, and installed a VPN (ExpressVPN) on the phone so it (mostly) believes it's in my home country. It receives SMS messages and calls from my bank without any problem, it's roaming on whatever network it finds here, and connected to WiFi (with WiFi Assist turned off). So far (almost 2 months), very few problems.

I did set everything up and check before traveling back here to Argentina. I also have Skype with a monthly allowance, and caller ID so it doesn't appear that I'm in Argentina when I call someone.

The only solution I found is Google Fi cellular service. You need to arrange to activate it in the US but once you do it will send short sms codes from your bank to you here in Argentina. It works best with a Google Pixel phone. I have a dual sim Pixel phone. I recevied sms codes and any calls to my US phone number. I put a Movistar sim in the second slot. It gives me local voice and data service plus I subscribe to their global phone and data service.
This is very helpful. I was thinking along the same lines of getting a phone with dual SIM cards, the iPhone SE, to use when I'm there (in Argentina) and get their local SIM card that I would place in the second slot, but was not sure how it would work. My provider is T-Mobile, but since you say that the only solution has been using Google Fi, I'm wondering whether I should switch to be able to get the codes or was your point that as long as you have a US provider you're covered and able to receive the codes? Please let me know.
Your Movistar sim solution for the bundled services sounds great.

I have Google fi and a local sim with Personal in my pixel. personal is only for mobile data, Google is for calls and text. I receive texts just fine here.

I presume that the concept would work with any mix of US and local carrier in a dual Sim phone

Back