I need a virtual US phone number to receive sms messages here in Argentina

my data has been "turned off" for me, but next trip to the US i'll reactivate it again.

i thought there was only one plan, mine is the flexible plan. data usage above 6gb is "free"

As a world traveler I got tired of having this problem and wanted a universal solution. I purchased cell service from ATT in the states. The message service is world wide. I also purchased the ability to call numbers worldwide on a pay as use basis (I do not use this service but have it) The monthly service includes all U.S. calls (made and received) +world wide messaging for $25.00 per month. I also puchased a cell phone for the sim, from ATT, as I want to leave this phone at home and seperate from my everyday cell needs. The phone cost about $45. End of my verification problems plus unlimited calls to and from the U.S. for $25 per month.

I also travel a lot around the world. I also need to receive 'short sms' verification codes from my financial institution in the US.
I have a dual sim Pixel phone. In the E-sim slot I have Google Fi which sends me SMS codes wherever I am.
In the other slot I have a Movistar sim with their global service.
At the moment, until something changes, I can seamlessly make and receive calls, and recieve sms codes wherever I am.

Mr. know-it-all here. I thought I knew what my Att International Day Plan Was all about...until I got the bill. So what I get for my $30 a month is unlimited INCOMING text messages. If I instigate a call or message...$10 bucks/24 hours up to $100 a month...then no charge for the balance of 30 calendar days.

Via GoogleVoice I receive SMS from U.S. banks, U.S. credit cards and a U.S. investment bank. And make free calls.

I have google voice, but I currently don't need it at the moment. My T-Mobile prepaid account was converted to e-sim a long time ago and I'm receiving SMS messages fine

At this point I find that my 2 foreign banks are accepting foreign cell phone numbers to sms messages when necessary.

Back