I Need Help In Organizing My Friends' Stay

Go to the Berni show at Malba. When in Boca go to Proa, I don't remember what's there now but I enjoyed it, then eat lunch on the patio at Proa.
Nancy

Serafina, you could combine the dia de campo with polo. For example, at Puesto Viejo Estancia & Polo Club in Cañuelas, there they play polo in January as well (quite a few places don't play in January). Get in touch with them to ask when the first tournament starts (it is sometime in January) and plan to go on a day when there are games. Of course, if there is a lot of rains games are postponed and rescheduled. It is a low to medium level club but the games are still a lot of fun!

You could do a dia de campo there, or a dia de polo, which adds polo lessons and roundtrip transport from BA.

My favourite place in BA is Punta Chica and Las Barrancas de San Isidro. You take 'el tren de la costa' and get off in one of those stops and have lunch at Coffee and bikes. The one in Punta Chica or Las Barrancas. You can also have a pic-nic by the river.

If they like shopping there are a ton of boutiques in Palermo So-Ho and with all the cafe's that could make for a fun afternoon. Also the new outlet mall Districto Arcos just opened, but not all the store are open yet, for some discounted shopping.

Ask MatiasBA about popular culture, he seems a lot more connected to the average Jose than any of us,

I dont think connected is the exact word. It happens that I am argentine, I lived here 36 years, plus I studied Argentine society scientifically for like 10 years. But popular culture is not my reality.

Thank you very much for all of your suggestions, they look very interesting and if not with them, we might go on our own as well!

Since they insist on going to the beach, I am thinking to spend 3 nights in Cariló but I am having a hard time with accommodation. I have been there a day with a car and saw many beautiful houses and some apartment complexes and hotels, however online I can't find price and availability for these.
I understand that the beautiful houses are rented by the week/half a month/month, but what about the apartments and the hotels? The various websites I found always ask to call for a quote!

We would be going there by bus, so I don't think sleeping in the neighbouring towns would be okay, albeit cheaper.

http://www.carilodirecto.com.ar/
http://www.carilocottage.com.ar/

Have you looked on the bigger sites? Booking.com shows multiple properties including some hotels. I would assume most apart/hotels will book by the week but the proper hotels like howard johnson probably would do by the night.

Have you looked on the bigger sites? Booking.com shows multiple properties including some hotels. I would assume most apart/hotels will book by the week but the proper hotels like howard johnson probably would do by the night.

I checked on booking.com and it looks like there is no availability in most places on February, and it often suggest nearby towns (Ostenda, Valeria del Mar, etc.), instead. For some hotels it says it is not possible to book online, as well! :huh:

Back