i need some new converse shoes

CanadaGirl88 said:
I saw converse for 99 pesos in Tango on Santa Fe and Godoy Cruz. I walk by them everyday and am tempted to run in and buy a pair--I am currently still using my converse that Ive owned since high school and are in appalling condition.

Well, that's worth a look... it may be some kind of "oferta". But to me, a pair of cons cheaper than one of Toppers is either trucho or contrabando.

Does anyone here know how to tell an imitation? That is, how to recognize a lesser quality canvas, rubber or anything? Converse are simple designs (not like Nike Air for instance), and IMO it shouldn't take much to make a "same-looking" imitation at a first glance level.

Converse are not cheap here, if u want an equivalent in both price and quality get Topper, else pay 4 the brand.

kirilly said:
200/300 pesos seems a lot, but then they are cons.

That's the point. Toppers aren't much cheaper, and quality is far behind. They're an alternative for sure, but when it comes to durability, Converse vs. Topper would be something like 1 pair = 2 1/2 pairs. Cons save you money and time.

nikad said:
Converse are not cheap here, if u want an equivalent in both price and quality get Topper, else pay 4 the brand.

People in the business told me there's an outstanding difference between leather vs. canvas Toppers. Canvas models are all s*it, while leather models are good and worth the money. Been told, but if you like leather sneakers, maybe you should give Topper a go.

I should have said this... Belgrano's a brand name in itself and everything tends to be a little overpriced. Because you're in Belgrano, viste? :rolleyes:

The Converse concept store/head office is on Humbolt y Honduras a few doors down from the corner, they have everything Converse.

I think there's a Converse outlet shop in the Outlet cluster in Villa Crespo (Gurruchaga/Aguirre)

Back