I pay for cable but I don't have a TV

That actually makes sense. I kept thinking there are a lot of poor people and struggle middle class here, that much is evident, these are the type of people who could benefit from used items. But I don't see many second hand stores here. It really didn't make much sense to me.

But I have noticed that here, people really hang onto their stuff until it really cannot be used anymore. They aren't so quick to get ride of something just because its out of date.

I guess in the US more people can afford to buy the latest model so they get ride of the old one and that's how you get decent quality used stuff. I didn't think of that but now that you say it, it seems kind of obvious.

On Soler and S.Ortiz there is a small TV repair shop stacked floor to ceiling with old TVs. I don't know what kind of TVs are in the little shop. I just sort of look "hey a bunch of TVs' & move on. I've never looked to see if they are any good. Maybe too old & no one wants them.

Also on S.Ortiz there is a second hand goods store. I can't remember exactly what the cross street is. It's between Santa Fe & Soler some where. But I find they often want too high prices for used stuff. That's just my opinion.

Back